Mystery shotgun.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mystery shotgun.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 102 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Default Mystery shotgun.

I got a few guns in on trade today, one of them is a 20GA Stevens Savage Arms Model 77E, from what i could find the 77E is their version on the trench gun made for vietnam, however mine does not have the US stamp but does have the Proof stamp and is the military model. The shotgun also does not have a SN anywhere on it and i have never seen a gun that does not have a SN somewhere on it. can any one give me any info on this shotgun like when it was made, how to take it apart maybe? i cant find any info on it so any help i will be much thankful for.
sany0032.jpg   sany0038.jpg   sany0039.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10549 Times on 4555 Posts
Likes Given: 1692

The Stevens Mdl 77 began producton in 1954 thru 1971. Serial numbers were not required by Federal law on rifles and shotguns until the 1968 Gun Control Act. Before i had that HORRIBLE boating accident where all of my guns went down, I had about 2 dozen rifles and shotguns that never wore a serial number. Perfectly legal, they get entered in your record books as NSN. If you specimen HAD been military issue, it WOULD have a serial number- military required SNs on all guns they bought-

Old 06-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #3

Liked 102 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Sweet, thx for the info, would you happen to know where i can find some instructions on how to take it apart, i have a pretty good idea but i dont wana go banging pins out without being sure.