First coat. Khaki. I taped the threads, and shoved paper towel into the barrel and gas tube to keep paint off. Light coats, no drips to worry about.
The dust cover, thread cover and safety lever are on their 3rd coats, started them last night.
Gave the rifle a good wipe down in denatured alcohol since I ran out of acetone.
The alcohol took a bunch of the original paint off, so I know it's working.
... I didn't prime. Well see how that works out. I forgot to get primer, and wallyworld is 40 miles from my house and I'm not going back...
Well, if the paint doesn't hold because if the lack if primer, I have an excuse to strip it and experiment with that snakeskin pattern I've been wanting to try....
Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.