Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > my first semi-auto shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5254 Times on 2740 Posts
Likes Given: 331

Default my first semi-auto shotgun

back in december i got shoot a saiga12 at shooters sport center in racine. it was totally fun to blast away with one and ive been looking for one that was already converted ever since. well last week i found one over at midwest industries in waukesha wis. so i grabbed one and one of their optics rail mounts for an ak47 a couple 8 round mags and a 12 round drum.

i did make an order for a 2 round hunting magazine, a tac47 autoplug, 12 round mag and a poly choke 2 adjustable choke that mounts externally on the already threaded barrel.

here is a closeup of the polychoke. im going to colorfill the setting markings

taking it out saturday and pop some clays hopefully it will confuse the range geezers with the vortex sparc on top.

two things im not happy with is the stock, its waaaaay too long you gotta have some serious gorilla arms to shoulder it. not sure if im going to go magpul moe or get a standard length ak47 buttstock. the other thing is the handguard is not to my liking but that should be easy to swap out lots of options.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 07-06-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 200 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Very sexy JonM! I probably will get that MI side rail. It sits just right on the dust cover unlike my UTG.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:48 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

the mi rail is very very solid you cant go wrong with their stuff. you do have to take the rail off to disassemble

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-06-2012, 03:50 AM   #4

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

going to need a 12g tree now, looks fun. I really like my poly choke

Old 07-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
the mi rail is very very solid you cant go wrong with their stuff. you do have to take the rail off to disassemble
Yes, it's similar to my UTG. The UTG sits kinda high unlike the MI. UTG is only $30 something while the MI is <$100 i believe.
732430406_10150722289450407.jpg  

Last edited by okdonk; 07-06-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:03 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
going to need a 12g tree now, looks fun. I really like my poly choke
i dont know anything about polychokes other than they are made in fondulac wisconsin. it sounded like a good solution to put on the end for bird hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
Yes, it's similar to my UTG. The UTG sits kinda high unlike the MI. UTG is only $30 something while the MI is <$100 i believe.
not sure how high it sits on an ak47 my saiga12 its like right on the dustcover. yeah the mi is 100ish but its supposed to return to zero every time

Old 07-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

JonM, check this out. Hopefully u find the handguard u like.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-FOREARMS-HAND-GUARDS-cln-SAIGA-12/Categories

Old 07-06-2012, 04:17 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
yeah ive got them on my saiga links tab. i just havent decided.

im thinking this one

the rail sections are removable which is good since i dont need them for anything except storing 1 extra battery if i cant find an adapter to fight a bcm gunfighter pistol grip

Old 07-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5138 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 4344

Better take a hard look at the Dillon 900 shotshell reloader!

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
two things im not happy with is the stock, its waaaaay too long you gotta have some serious gorilla arms to shoulder it. not sure if im going to go magpul moe or get a standard length ak47 buttstock.
What kind/brand/size of stock is it?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.