My First(ish) Shotgun - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > My First(ish) Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 04:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I will say this....I'm TOTALLY in love with Italian mfg's. I held a Remington 887 and an 870 and a Mossberg 500 as well as a Benelli Nova and a Beretta A3901. The italians felt a world of quality better than the Remingtons and the Mossbergs.

My money is going with quality I can feel. I can't afford the Beretta, so I'll be happy with the Benelli....and BOY will I be happy!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorzamora View Post
I will say this....I'm TOTALLY in love with Italian mfg's. I held a Remington 887 and an 870 and a Mossberg 500 as well as a Benelli Nova and a Beretta A3901. The italians felt a world of quality better than the Remingtons and the Mossbergs.

My money is going with quality I can feel. I can't afford the Beretta, so I'll be happy with the Benelli....and BOY will I be happy!
where do you guys buy your guns?

Old 06-15-2011, 05:02 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I currently only have 3. I bought two from two different local gun shops and I bought one from Dick's Sporting Goods. I'm going to order my shotgun through Bud's (budsgunshop.com) or through Able's (ableammo.com). I hope that helps.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:38 AM   #24

Quote:
I currently only have 3. I bought two from two different local gun shops and I bought one from Dick's Sporting Goods. I'm going to order my shotgun through Bud's (budsgunshop.com) or through Able's (ableammo.com). I hope that helps.
Thanks a lot

Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #25

Liked 158 Times on 119 Posts

Quote:
I will say this....I'm TOTALLY in love with Italian mfg's.
I feel totally the opposite, with the exception of a little 28 gauge Beretta O/U and the Beretta Hawk SxSs, you can have them all. I-talian repeaters are just not my cup of tea. To each their own. With all the vagaries that come in to play buying and shooting a shotgun, it's nice we have something for everyone.

What could have happened... did.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:03 AM   #26

Default walmart

Quote:
I've found the 28" version cheap online, under $400. I think I'm making a soft decision on it. If someone else can chime in with a better option, let me know!
I just got a nice synthetic stock Remington 870 express 26 in 12 guage at walmart for $277.99 it has run everything I have put through it. Great value they have the moss 500 also for the same price but it is the wood stock version.

Harry Callahan(Dirty Harry 1971): I know what you’re thinking. “Did he fire six shots or only five?” Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?http://www.daddythrasher.com/

Old 06-17-2011, 03:12 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_Thrasher View Post
I just got a nice synthetic stock Remington 870 express 26 in 12 guage at walmart for $277.99 it has run everything I have put through it. Great value they have the moss 500 also for the same price but it is the wood stock version.
Walmart sells shotguns? I didn't know that lol

Old 06-17-2011, 03:18 AM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yup, they sell shotguns and rifles...pretty good deals, too. I have a WalMart across the street (small street) from a Dick's. WalMart has better prices on ammo/shotguns/rifles....but Dick's has more selection and has better prices on clays. It's great to pick from both .

My only problem with the Remi 870 and the Mossy 500 is that they don't impress me. I mean, they don't FEEL solid like the Benelli Nova does. They have wobble and play and they just don't give me the warm/fuzzy that the Nova does. Pick one up immediately after the other and tell me you disagree. I grew up with shotguns, and looseness didn't used to bug me...then I picked up the Nova and I was ruined. Picking up the nicer ones ($2K Berettas) really ruined me, but I've always known they were out of my price range.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 AM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_Thrasher View Post
Good price, if I come up a little short I might have to do that

Old 06-17-2011, 03:39 AM   #30

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 85

hay guys your blowing your own horn not giving the girl an anser first question is what kind (games) do you plan on shooting to start?