Mounting flashlight to my shotgun barrel - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mounting flashlight to my shotgun barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I can't say how we'll it works on a shottie cause its actually my friends. But I use the same kit on my .270 mounted to the scope it works alright. I was advised not to attach it to the barrel because apparently the barrel whips when fired. But I was unsure if a shotgun did the same.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I have a cheapo light attached to my 880. It's not double or over/under, but I don't see any problem with it being mounted to your gun. Between the metal on the light mount mount and metal on the gun there is a rubber "shock absorber." Worse case scenario is that you're the fastest reloader in the world and that the rubber would melt...
Amazon.com has a barrel mounted light w/ pressure switch for $30ish that you could try. If it works- great. If not, then your out $30 and you have the answer to your question.
Lights on shotties are great- if your concerned with home protection and the sound of a barrel closing doesn't scare them away then a light or strobe light should get the point across. If all else fails, u can always pull the trigger and see if that does the job

Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I have to amend my last statement... I'm assuming ur talking lights. If ur talking fire---- well... Good luck

Old 10-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #14

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Blueguns, he probably means a flashlight like a tactical light. If you could find one with a good solid mount, i would think it would be fine, but i have not tried this. I wouldn't think the shottie would be fired fast enough to worry about barrel heating.

If he DOES mean a torch like a flamethrower, he should be aware that flaming zombies will continue to advance while in flames.
Also takes the virus airborne

Old 10-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live on Australia so were not allowed firearms for home defence. It was more for spottie shooting

Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

So in Australia your not allowed to defend yourself, but u can spotlight? Here in the US that's called poaching.
Either way you look at it, you'll be fine with mounting a light to the gun. Your not gonna hurt anything on your gun. As I said, worse case scenario you'll melt the mount.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

No we don't poach. Just pest controll. Rabbits, Foxes, the occasional roo that sort of thing.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_C View Post
No we don't poach. Just pest controll. Rabbits, Foxes, the occasional roo that sort of thing.
"Poaching" is defined differently in different places and at different times. Your area is supposed to be overrun with rabbits; in much of the US, the overpopulated coyotes keep the rabbits in check.

In Mississippi (where i live) it isn't legal to hunt very many animals with a light (raccoons are an exception). I have spotlighted rabbits in my youth; the last time, i stopped to lose some water and saw eyes a very few feet away from my feet; i shot the eyes, which turned out to belong to a skunk. I learned my lesson.

Different places, different rules, but there is nowhere that is a good place to shoot a skunk.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #19

Liked 4541 Times on 2261 Posts
Likes Given: 1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_C
Here is a pic. I've never tried to put one up before so I hope it works
I have this on an 88 Maverick. Works fine. Use loctite, or keep in mind to keep the nut tight.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:12 AM   #20

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_C View Post
Here is a pic. I've never tried to put one up before so I hope it works

Attachment 64068
I have a mount like that in the magazine tube of my Maverick 88. It is a one inch mount that fits 870/500/88 12ga magazine tubes. Most high intensity lights have a tube that is about to one inch. Ebay has a wide selection of lights and mounts (search for tactical flashlight in sporting goods). There is a "clamp type" mount for lack of a better word that goes on barrels.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-14-2012 at 03:31 AM.