Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mossy 590A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Mossy 590A

I'm more than likely going to be picking up a 590A in the next few weeks. I may add some tacti-coolness to it later on. As the extent of my gunsmithing consists of adding a hogue grip to my glock, I've got a few questions.

1) how simple is it to switch out butt-stocks on a 590a?

2) is this something a do-it-yourselfer is capable of doing, or should I have a 'real' smith do it for me?

and one related to nothing at all,

3) what accessories (if any) do you find the most useful for your HD shotguns?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-22-2009, 01:01 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default bump

No takers?

I'm just going to assume that Im an idiot and I'll learn the hard way...

Old 05-12-2009, 05:57 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default RE: taking the plunge

Okay,

So I've got the gun at my side now Does anyone else feel that butterflies feeling when they get a new gun?

Anywho, I bought the gun about as stock as it could possibly come and I'd like to get some add-on goodness. Does anyone have a particular adjustable buttstock they use and are fond of? The one I've been looking at is Here From Cabela's. I'm not a big guy, but I've had enough experience with 12 and 20 gauges to where I'm not 'afraid' of the recoil. But, anything that can make the shooting experience last longer is all the more fun!

Getting back to the stock status, it currently has a front bead sight which I would like to change to a ghost ring setup. However, I was thinking that since this will primarily be a HD weapon that I might like to have a red-dot site. I'm not familiar with red-dots at all, so please go easy...will I even need the ghost rings if I have the red dot? I figure that I wont be able to see them properly with the scope on top.

And I guess while I'm at it, does anyone have any suggestions for red dots? Again, I'm looking for something for CQB and not for deer hunting at 100+ yds.

Thanks for your input, I cant wait to take my new toy to the range!!!!

Last edited by falseharmonix; 05-12-2009 at 06:12 AM.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:07 AM   #4

Liked 51 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default 590

very simple to switch out butt stock though you might have a little trouble breaking the bolt lose other then that very good shottys and reliable and easy to mod, there built off the same reciver of the mossy 500 so all parts are interchangable here a few pics of my tac 500 and my 590 i switched to wood for that classy trench gun look, hit me up on this forum if you ever wana swap idea's

301_1016.jpg   301_1019.jpg   301_1021.jpg   301_1017.jpg