Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Mossberg shotgun HELP! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/mossberg-shotgun-help-88243/)

GoGlockOrGoHome 04-05-2013 04:52 PM

I have a Mossberg 590A1
I've been trying to field strip it to clean it (for the first time)

I know HOW to do it, but the pin that holds the trigger assembly in is extremelyyyy hard to get out. Should it be this hard or am I doing something wrong?

I have the pump halfway down and the barrel out. The next step is to remove that pin. I've seen it done a thousand times but this is the first time I've done it on my mossberg. That pin is EXTREMELY hard to get out. Before I go hammering away I want to see if I'm doing anything wrong.

I watch people on YouTube do it and it comes out extremely easy for them. I'm following the user manual an everything. This is such a pain.
Should it be THAT hard to get out? I literally need a hammer?
I'm
Thinking it's really hard because its the first time it's being broken down...maybe???

Thanks,

mountainman13 04-05-2013 05:29 PM

Push from left to right and wiggle the trigger assembly. It should push right out.

GoGlockOrGoHome 04-05-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Push from left to right and wiggle the trigger assembly. It should push right out.

That's the problem. It's not.
But I should be pushing FROM the side of the ejection port side TO the left side of the gun, right?

Sgt_Skrb_25 04-05-2013 05:46 PM

Get some penetrating oil on it , and then do what the other are saying. Try punching it out from both sides.

HockaLouis 04-06-2013 02:10 AM

I've alwayd had to tap 'em. Put Duct Tape over the receiver first and then tap thru it -- save yourself a skidder mark!

PanBaccha 04-06-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoGlockOrGoHome (Post 1204155)
I have a Mossberg 590A1
I've been trying to field strip it to clean it (for the first time)

I know HOW to do it, but the pin that holds the trigger assembly in is extremelyyyy hard to get out. Should it be this hard or am I doing something wrong?

I have the pump halfway down and the barrel out. The next step is to remove that pin. I've seen it done a thousand times but this is the first time I've done it on my mossberg. That pin is EXTREMELY hard to get out. Before I go hammering away I want to see if I'm doing anything wrong.

I watch people on YouTube do it and it comes out extremely easy for them. I'm following the user manual an everything. This is such a pain.
Should it be THAT hard to get out? I literally need a hammer?
I'm
Thinking it's really hard because its the first time it's being broken down...maybe???

Thanks,

I have the same shotgun. When I fieldstrip mine I use a punch to tap out the pin. That's all it takes.

303tom 04-06-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoGlockOrGoHome (Post 1204204)
That's the problem. It's not.
But I should be pushing FROM the side of the ejection port side TO the left side of the gun, right?

Your Military left, left to right................

HockaLouis 04-07-2013 01:56 AM

I think without the pin that shotgun can be fired under water but carefully read the instructions to see if that's approved first.

c3shooter 04-07-2013 02:31 AM

TOWARDS the ejection port. THAT is the right side.