Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Mossberg and Remington (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/mossberg-remington-79151/)

akers06 12-22-2012 03:05 PM

Mossberg and Remington

Why do most people on here act like Mossberg and Remington are the only two manufacturers that make shotguns. I know there are more of these two manufacturers than any other but give me break.....
I almost dread coming to the shotgun forum anymore because I know what it's going to be

Virginian 12-22-2012 05:15 PM

I know exactly what you mean. And twice a day someone wants help choosing between the two.

Axxe55 12-22-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akers06 (Post 1062001)
Why do most people on here act like Mossberg and Remington are the only two manufacturers that make shotguns. I know there are more of these two manufacturers than any other but give me break.....
I almost dread coming to the shotgun forum anymore because I know what it's going to be

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginian (Post 1062152)
I know exactly what you mean. And twice a day someone wants help choosing between the two.

well which should i choose? the Mossberg or the Remington?:eek::D

lets jump into something more suited for discussion, like which came first, the chicken or the egg?:D

HOSSFLY 12-22-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginian (Post 1062152)

I thought thats what this was about reading the title :confused:

tonydewar 12-22-2012 05:56 PM

ok time for my new xmas gun what should i get? needing a 28 ga and i cant decide between a beretta 687(have 12 and 20 already) or a browning citori (have 1 in .410) want to finish my skeet set but need something i can add on to for when the zombies come ie bayonet laser breeching tool ect any ideas? any one know where i can get 28 ga slugs or buckshot? how about dragons breath rounds? thanks in advance for the advice(that i wont listen to)

Barney1023 12-22-2012 05:59 PM

No but really which one should I get lol JK. I've owned both and the only shot gun that has any value to me is my old Winchester 27a. It was my very first gun and that little 20 killed and WHOLE BUNCH of squirrels.

HockaLouis 12-22-2012 06:06 PM

Well, you elitists can pretend there're others but I'm going for the Mossy 870 or the Rem 500 shotie. And with 00 Buck 'cuz it's the best.

Dearhunter 12-22-2012 06:09 PM

If you want a great dependable shotgun that shoots great and will not break the bank to buy, get a Weatherby uplander. I got mine in 12 gauge. What a terrific gun!! comes with a set of chokes.

Virginian 12-22-2012 06:11 PM

I believe I saw a combination breaching tool/bayonet mount for a 28 gauge Citori just the other day. The breaching attachments are old hat, but a bayonet mount is a must have for HD. Decision made !!! You can load Dragon's breath loads for any gun. Just fill the case - brim full of course - with a 50/50 mixture of Blue Dot powder and powdered magnesium. Oh, and be sure and use a Magnum primer. The coarser ground magnesium powder carries further. Be sure and video it too !

tonydewar 12-22-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 1062204)
Well, you elitists can pretend there're others but I'm going for the Mossy 870 or the Rem 500 shotie. And with 00 Buck 'cuz it's the best.

get the best SHOTGUN you can. my shotty is for my hotty and life is to short to shoot ugly guns