Mossberg Model 395K 12 ga. w/C-Lect-Choke
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mossberg Model 395K 12 ga. w/C-Lect-Choke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 02:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Mossberg Model 395K 12 ga. w/C-Lect-Choke

Guys I'm not a shotgun expert at all,pistols,revolvers and rifles my main cup of tea,I bought a Mossberg Model 395k 3 shot bolt action shotgun with C-Lect-Choke.The seller said put the choke on Open and shoot slugs if you want and modfied and closed positions for tighter patterns when using shot shells.
My question is about shooting slugs-Can you? The barrel is smooth and not rifled,so I figure it's probaly not a good ideal to use slugs in this model,what are the shotguns experts opinions on this? ,I've seen slug barrels before on other models that was rifled on the inside,previous owner swears he shot several slugs with it no problem,I'm still skeptical myself!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 395K and slugs

Tony.... you can shoot rifled slugs (foster style) thru any smoothbore. I have a 395K circa '67 and have killed a few deer with it using the rifled slugs and choke set to cylinder bore. Rifled barrels use a sabotted bullet. Most ammo manufactures make rifled slugs and I've determined the Federal 1 oz. shoots best in my 395K. Good out to 50 yards with a 3" group which is fine for a shotgun state like Ohio. Most of our deer are killed inside of that.

Federal Slugs

Remember, "rifled" slug means the slug is rifled, not your barrel.

Last edited by Buddly; 11-19-2009 at 01:23 PM.