Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mossberg Maverick Home Defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 12:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Dont bring up dead threads. Make a new one if you have a question. Stop by the introductions and tell us about you. I own a Maverick 88 and they are not chrome lined.

S.S.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #12

Fin, get what you can afford. If you can afford to wait, get better. I have owned two Mossy 500's, and never a problem. I sold/traded them for "names"(870), not that I would trade my 870 for a Mossy. I also have a Win. 1300 Defender, not too shabby, quite nice in fact. To each his own.
Recently, my spousal unit demanded that I take her to Gander's to look at t-shirt's on sale. After buying her the t's, I asked her to check out the guns. I , after some looking and comparison, bought her a Mossy 20ga. pump gun for dove. A win-win situation.
Get what you can live with, but listen to some of these guys. Experience is a harsh teacher.

"As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also"
Thomas Jefferson

"Freedom is only one generation from extinction"
Pres. Ronald Reagan
Member; NRA, GOA, and TSRA. ResistNet.com member

"When the ballot box no longer counts, the ammunition box does. Whats' in your ammo box?"

Old 08-21-2009, 12:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukech1 View Post
Fin, get what you can afford. If you can afford to wait, get better. I have owned two Mossy 500's, and never a problem. I sold/traded them for "names"(870), not that I would trade my 870 for a Mossy. I also have a Win. 1300 Defender, not too shabby, quite nice in fact. To each his own.
Recently, my spousal unit demanded that I take her to Gander's to look at t-shirt's on sale. After buying her the t's, I asked her to check out the guns. I , after some looking and comparison, bought her a Mossy 20ga. pump gun for dove. A win-win situation.
Get what you can live with, but listen to some of these guys. Experience is a harsh teacher.
Agreed. However, this thread is at least 9 months old. Let it die.

S.S.