Mossberg/ Duck commander shotguns - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mossberg/ Duck commander shotguns

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 03:28 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kryptar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: arkansas
Posts: 1,730
Liked 624 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 1610

Default

Sorry, bad pic.

__________________
kryptar19 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:40 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Thx Krptar 19. I didn't know Mossberg was in the AR business.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:41 AM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,436
Liked 21204 Times on 12040 Posts
Likes Given: 52918

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Thx Krptar 19. I didn't know Mossberg was in the AR business.
they just entered into the AR market in the last couple of years.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #34
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Erie County PA,
Posts: 2,489
Liked 1552 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 7926

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
they just entered into the AR market in the last couple of years.
A buddy of mine bought one when thet first came out. I think the MSRP was around $875 at the time. I put a few through it, not bad, but ARs just don't feel right to me. Never have.

OTOH, if Mossberg came out with something similar to the Mini-14\30 or the M1 Garand, I would probably consider walking bare foot over broken glass to get some Trigger time on it. It would still be a case of I want to try before I buy though. I just like the fit of that design better than the fit of an AR.

I also agree with Trip on the not buying a new 870 or 500. The used racks at most of the shops in my area are loaded with almost new 500s and 870s, for about half the cost of a new one. My 870, my daughter's, and my wife's 500 were all picked up used. The last new shotgun I bought was my Maverick 88 back in 1991. I saved up for it, and my dad picked it up for me due to my being 16 at the time. The only reason i bought new was that the shop I bought it from was about a half mile from my house, and the owner was a friend of the family. He even put it in the back room so it wouldn't get sold to someone else. At the time, a new 88 was about the same price as a used 500, and that close to deer season finding a used 870 or 500 is almost impossible.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

kfox75 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
davva360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 377
Liked 143 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

I wouldn't pay extra for a Duck Commander shotgun or for a Zombie edition shotgun either.

Before the madness we all suffered last year the Zombie edition 500 was selling for the same price as any other short barreled 500 did here. If I could have found one I would have bought one but ended up with a Winchester SXP instead.

__________________
davva360 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,436
Liked 21204 Times on 12040 Posts
Likes Given: 52918

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
A buddy of mine bought one when thet first came out. I think the MSRP was around $875 at the time. I put a few through it, not bad, but ARs just don't feel right to me. Never have.

OTOH, if Mossberg came out with something similar to the Mini-14\30 or the M1 Garand, I would probably consider walking bare foot over broken glass to get some Trigger time on it. It would still be a case of I want to try before I buy though. I just like the fit of that design better than the fit of an AR.

I also agree with Trip on the not buying a new 870 or 500. The used racks at most of the shops in my area are loaded with almost new 500s and 870s, for about half the cost of a new one. My 870, my daughter's, and my wife's 500 were all picked up used. The last new shotgun I bought was my Maverick 88 back in 1991. I saved up for it, and my dad picked it up for me due to my being 16 at the time. The only reason i bought new was that the shop I bought it from was about a half mile from my house, and the owner was a friend of the family. He even put it in the back room so it wouldn't get sold to someone else. At the time, a new 88 was about the same price as a used 500, and that close to deer season finding a used 870 or 500 is almost impossible.
in my area, Mossberg 500's and Remington 870's don't last long on the shelf used! in the pawn shops, you will find a lot of off brand pumps, and semi-autos and a lot of single shots, but the 500's and the 870's will get grabbed up pretty quickly. use to see quite a few older bolt action shotguns used too, and those are getting hard to fine in any condition now. i am not even seeing them at the gun shows very much either.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:20 AM   #37
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Erie County PA,
Posts: 2,489
Liked 1552 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 7926

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
in my area, Mossberg 500's and Remington 870's don't last long on the shelf used! in the pawn shops, you will find a lot of off brand pumps, and semi-autos and a lot of single shots, but the 500's and the 870's will get grabbed up pretty quickly. use to see quite a few older bolt action shotguns used too, and those are getting hard to fine in any condition now. i am not even seeing them at the gun shows very much either.
I think that a big part of the BA shortage as of late is the number of states and counties that are shotgun only during their big game seasons, and have 3 shell limits on long gun capacity while hunting. The other part is that they are still fairly inexpensive, and a lot of folks have started collecting them over the last couple of years. They are a cheap and easy way to break into the hobby.

Also, because they are not of the perceived "evil" variety, they tend to fly under the banner's radar, which adds to their desirability.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

kfox75 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:22 AM   #38
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Erie County PA,
Posts: 2,489
Liked 1552 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 7926

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
I wouldn't pay extra for a Duck Commander shotgun or for a Zombie edition shotgun either.

Before the madness we all suffered last year the Zombie edition 500 was selling for the same price as any other short barreled 500 did here. If I could have found one I would have bought one but ended up with a Winchester SXP instead.
Probably a big part of that is because Mossberg did not have to pay royalties to the undead.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #39
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 5,293
Liked 5926 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 6285

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
I wouldn't pay extra for a Duck Commander shotgun or for a Zombie edition shotgun either.

Before the madness we all suffered last year the Zombie edition 500 was selling for the same price as any other short barreled 500 did here. If I could have found one I would have bought one but ended up with a Winchester SXP instead.
I was thinking about this so I went looking for the thread. Eddie Bauer SUV's, Tiger Woods Cookware, Lu Farigno underwear and other product lines sold using famous names are generally BS as you say and paying anything for the name makes very little sense. They dont know any more about the quality or care even, they just get paid for their name.

I might entertain paying a little extra for a Shotgun Phil Robertson "Likes". He's devoted his entire life to outdoor firearm recreation, he's a better than good hunter and has been his entire life. Mossberg makes a solid product line as well, Ive got a couple old Mossies in the collection that have brought down lots of critters in a few generations.

His endorsement on Firearms means something more than just a name on an object with no connection to it. I prolly wont be buying any new shotguns cause mine arent worn out even after a few sets of owners have enjoyed them but if I was, I would at least give a Duck Commander Model a try!
__________________
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #40
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 7,430
Liked 3020 Times on 2056 Posts
Likes Given: 639

Default

I have to tell you all how floored I was at the Mossberg Booth last week at SHOT! they addressed just about every model with an upgrade of some type! We even got to handle the New AR-22 Pistol, which comes in both 10 & 25 rd. configs! Vikingdad was drooling over the MVP-Flex...and Mzgrn was the first of us to note that every new model in the Duck/Buck Commander line came with an American Flag Bandana...

__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is online now  
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Phil from duck commander fired from t.v. show colmustard Politics, Religion and Controversy 256 12-26-2013 04:30 PM
Mossberg Shotguns 6shootersandw General Shotgun Discussion 34 10-14-2011 06:16 PM
Mossberg vs. USSG SAR Shotguns DallasTexan General Shotgun Discussion 1 03-01-2011 05:31 PM
Opinions on the Mossberg 500 series shotguns? ghost20 General Shotgun Discussion 11 09-03-2010 06:25 PM
Mossberg Reserve Series Shotguns MP1000 General Shotgun Discussion 1 09-30-2009 08:08 PM