Mossberg 930 spx - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mossberg 930 spx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #31
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Mikey,

I don't have a 930 SPX but i have a 930 Camo Turkey Model that is one fine shotgun. I have had it for about five years. I think you will be very pleased with it. So far mine has been extremely reliable!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 10-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #32

Liked 3022 Times on 1806 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06 View Post
I don't know kind of benelli you had but I've never had a malfunction out of a benelli. Even out of the cheap 1oz Target loads out of a 3 1/2" SBE2....I prefer the inertia style system vs the gas....I could drop that benelli in the water or mud pull it out and shoot it and its going to cycle I wouldn't try that with a gas system...if you bought a benelli for say $1500 and had it for a year and sold it you could still get $1300-$1500 for it depending on condition. The "cheaper" guns don't hold their resale value like the higher end guns do....I pattern a lot of turkey guns (mossburgs, winchesters, benellis, berettas, brownings, ithicas, remingtons) and the 4 best shooting guns I have had the pleasure of shooting is a benelli SBE2, a benelli nova, a STOEGER m3500 (which is made by benelli), and a winchester 1300 (which in my opinion is the best pump gun ever made).... shoot whatever makes you happy If you don't think benellis are worth the money don't buy em
i'm not judging how anyone spends their money...i'm just looking for a factual reason why the benelli is worth 3X as much.

all i normally get is "better quality" without a description of what "better quality" is?

i have personally never owned a benelli. i very good friend does though, and he says his benelli WILL NOT cycle cheap target low brass, and will not rack a shell from the tube. two BIG turn offs for me...especially in a gun that costs 2-3X as much.

i've never dropped my mossy in a puddle to see if it keeps working (its too pretty with my wood stock.) but i have seen almost any autoloader dropped in a puddle and keep on chucking lead.....even many AR's will do that!

resale value is a good point. benellis have a good rep. still bet i could get 60-80% back on my mossberg as well though. most any gun with a good rep holds value pretty well.

this inertia system may be the bees knees, but if my mossy chucks all ammo without malfunction...how is benelli's better?

i'm still not convinced that paying for benelli is no different than paying for nike, or iphones....simply a name brand people "expect" to be better.

i'm not saying i'm right, i'm just saying i haven't seen any real evidence to prove benellis are worth the high price tag.

but again, people may spend their money however they choose.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #33

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Here's my straight answer.

3gun is a GAME. Why would I buy a $15-1700 shotgun when the $650 shotgun does what I need it to? If you bought it strictly for resale (who the **** does this? ) your looking at it all wrong. Cause as I see it, that's about $800 worth of shells I can run in it before you even bought your gun.

I run Glocks too. But, why not an Ed Brown 1911, or a..... you get the point.

I've been playing these games long enough to know my guns are going to get shot. ALOT. they're gonna get tossed in barrels and on tables. They're gonna get eFFed up.

When I show up to a match and see a luxury car parked next to the Chevy pickup, I automatically know I'm going to get along with the guys that got out of the truck, and not the dude in the smedium affliction shirt and tight pants with the bedazzled ass. (Laugh... I've seen it)

You don't NEED the big money gun to play. It is that easy

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 10-30-2012, 01:18 AM   #34

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Everything I said was all in my opinion....there isn't anything wrong with a mossburg the only "cheaper" guns I have ever seen actually have something wrong with them was a traditions al 2000 semi auto. My dad bought one and The tube actually broke when.it was shot and it flew apart. But like I said everything I stated before is my opinion...I like the way a benelli shoots, feels, etc....but I don't have anything against somebody who don't like em that's fine...I don't like remingtons but I don't go around dissing all of them

Old 10-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #35
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I cleaned up a good amount of this thread.

If you do not like someone put them on ignore of contact me. Do not engage in an argument or name calling.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #36
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Just a tidbit of info regarding the question of cost. First of all being a Mossy 930 owner they are good guns as well as the Benelli! One of the reasons that adds to the cost of the Bennelli is simply import tax coming in to the USA and who knows what additional costs are originated in the manufacturing country. Kind of like a SAKO rifle which I would like to have another one some day. They are also top quality rifles but they are also top price! As stated I guess the whole issue comes down to what you are using it for and does it fir the bill. And finally the money you want to spend to get what you like. And unfortunately text does not express our true meaning to the words we post and sometimes can be taken in the wrong light! Without smiles, fun jabs accompanied by facial expressions and voice tones it is easy to misunderstand the true meaning! So this is a great group and I also have fallen into this trap myself on occasions. But talking about it usually always resolves the issues here!

God Bless America!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 10-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #37

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
do you really think mossbergs are bad shotguns? they have quite a good rep. overall imo.

and again, what is it about a benelli that makes it superior? i'm still not convinced its worth twice(3X?) the money of a mossberg. for my purposes, i'm not even sure its worth THE SAME amount of money.

i already listed two things the mossberg does, that the benelli won't. my mossberg has not had a single malfunction of any ammo including low brass (mostly), buck shot, slugs in 400+ rounds. yet...you still label it cheap? i think quality is based on performance myself.

now its your turn. convince me that the benelli is better. what does it do better than the mossberg? explain the "better quality." please understand, i'm not trying to be snide....i really want to hear the facts on the matter.
I have shot all of my Mossbergs over 400 times in a single day. They never malfunction. I don't even have to pull the slide back. I fire the gun recoil ejects the hull and presents the new shell for battery. I just pull the slide forward. Never a single problem! My old Wingmaster works the same way. What is a Benelli worth? Whatever the market will bear. If you're looking for me to buy it, I am not in the market. Sorry Bubba

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #38

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for all the input guys I feel I made a good choice and after shooting it a few times and about 300 shells later with no problems and accurate I love this 12 g auto loader I can put 8 rounds fast down range and it looks bad ass tactical

Old 10-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #39

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just picked up a 930 used and it gave problems. Took it back to the shop and he sent it to the factory. Getting a new barrel/gas system so will have a virtual new shooter except for the bolt/receiver.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #40

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well I put about 20 rounds of 00buck and slugs today and the top rail/ sight blew off looks like rail was to thin at mount holes