Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mossberg 930 spx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

LOL Noticed you didn't answer my question Will. We'll right that off as it having been rhetorical because you'd take the Benelli just like anyone else would...

...or say "Mossberg" on your way to WalMart w/a pocket full of coupons.

Will, don't get defensive over the cheap choice. But don't pretend it is something more than it is. Can you buy a 930 in WalMart with a coupon? And you started "dropping names" vs. having a dialogue about self-loading shotguns. That Stoeger is supposed to be a halfway decent copy of the Armi inertia system...

Note my Super Benelli is also an HK so I get double "big ticket gun" points, Will, and I win! Ha ha.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 10-28-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #22

Liked 2656 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 1672

one thought that will never cross the mind of a violent home intruder, wounded soldier, or various hunting game animals:

"dammit....they got me.....but at least i got shot with a very high quality firearm!"

Last edited by hawkguy; 10-28-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #23

let's cool it guys.....this thread is gonna get locked & people are gonna get banned if it keeps going this way.

we are talking guns....no one needs to get personal OR snide.

we all get to spend out money on what we want, this doesn't merit a debate.

what could merit a CIVIL debate, is the original question: is the OP going to be well served by the less expensive mossberg, or is spending the money on a benelli the right way to go?

i actually listed the reasons i would choose the mossberg (even if both were free). sadly, no one has really even responded to that or made any other real case either way.

lets keep it about the guns please guys, and leave our mommas out of this

Old 10-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post

in the case of the benelli....from my experience and understanding, the gun simply won't do two things i want it to do. 1) feed cheap plinking ammo consistanly 2) rack a shell from the tube. my mossberg does both for less than half the price. easy choice imo.
here is the reason i choose mossberg (even for free). my buddy is even seriously considering getting rid of his benelli and buying an spx for this reason.

i'm not trying to nitpick, but these are big issues to me. benelli owners don't have a problem with their shotguns inability to do the above?

i HATE keeping rounds in chamber for an HD gun, i know a guy whose gun fired off when he dropped it! and shooting cheap brass....just makes sense imo.

thoughts?

Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
here is the reason i choose mossberg (even for free). my buddy is even seriously considering getting rid of his benelli and buying an spx for this reason.

i'm not trying to nitpick, but these are big issues to me. benelli owners don't have a problem with their shotguns inability to do the above?

i HATE keeping rounds in chamber for an HD gun, i know a guy whose gun fired off when he dropped it! and shooting cheap brass....just makes sense imo.

thoughts?
*crickets*

guess i got my answer......

Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wow you guys are hilarious with your banter, hey my shotgun needs to be able to defensively and offensively get me out of a building or into one and the way it ran at the range with various ammo was great next week some building clearing drills

Old 10-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Oh for what its worth my spx was made in America by Americans

Old 10-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #28

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

So were the last three Gerbers I had to keep returning for multiple reasons. The seller appologized with the explanation that that particular model was Made in America too...

Old 10-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
So were the last three Gerbers I had to keep returning for multiple reasons. The seller appologized with the explanation that that particular model was Made in America too...
do you really think mossbergs are bad shotguns? they have quite a good rep. overall imo.

and again, what is it about a benelli that makes it superior? i'm still not convinced its worth twice(3X?) the money of a mossberg. for my purposes, i'm not even sure its worth THE SAME amount of money.

i already listed two things the mossberg does, that the benelli won't. my mossberg has not had a single malfunction of any ammo including low brass (mostly), buck shot, slugs in 400+ rounds. yet...you still label it cheap? i think quality is based on performance myself.

now its your turn. convince me that the benelli is better. what does it do better than the mossberg? explain the "better quality." please understand, i'm not trying to be snide....i really want to hear the facts on the matter.

Last edited by hawkguy; 10-29-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #30

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy

do you really think mossbergs are bad shotguns? they have quite a good rep. overall imo.

and again, what is it about a benelli that makes it superior? i'm still not convinced its worth twice(3X?) the money of a mossberg. for my purposes, i'm not even sure its worth THE SAME amount of money.

i already listed two things the mossberg does, that the benelli won't. my mossberg has not had a single malfunction of any ammo including low brass (mostly), buck shot, slugs in 400+ rounds. yet...you still label it cheap? i think quality is based on performance myself.

now its your turn. convince me that the benelli is better. what does it do better than the mossberg? explain the "better quality." please understand, i'm not trying to be snide....i really want to hear the facts on the matter.
I don't know kind of benelli you had but I've never had a malfunction out of a benelli. Even out of the cheap 1oz Target loads out of a 3 1/2" SBE2....I prefer the inertia style system vs the gas....I could drop that benelli in the water or mud pull it out and shoot it and its going to cycle I wouldn't try that with a gas system...if you bought a benelli for say $1500 and had it for a year and sold it you could still get $1300-$1500 for it depending on condition. The "cheaper" guns don't hold their resale value like the higher end guns do....I pattern a lot of turkey guns (mossburgs, winchesters, benellis, berettas, brownings, ithicas, remingtons) and the 4 best shooting guns I have had the pleasure of shooting is a benelli SBE2, a benelli nova, a STOEGER m3500 (which is made by benelli), and a winchester 1300 (which in my opinion is the best pump gun ever made).... shoot whatever makes you happy If you don't think benellis are worth the money don't buy em