Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mossberg 930

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
Well, it looks like I waited one day too long and when I went to put the 930 on layaway it was out of stock. I can't find it anywhere now in walnut. I drives me nuts because I don't want synthetic and I certainly don't want cammo. So, I ended up going to Google and doing some research and ended up getting a Weatherby SA08 Deluxe in walnut. I took Tony's advice and bougt the 28" barrel instead of the 26" barrel.

Weatherby SA08 @ Bud's Gun Shop

Thanks again everyone!
Those weatherbys are hard to beat for the money plus they are beautiful guns.....I have never seen a 930 with a wood stock only black and camo

Old 04-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #22

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Yeah, the first video I saw of the SA08 was a review of the Deluxe model and I have to say the pictures don't do it justice. It's looks incredible. So I was very happy to read a lot of reviews that had nothing but good to say about it. The only complaint I saw was that the trigger guard is made out of plastic. Can't complain too much that the price point though. I worry you might not be able to get the 930 in walnut anymore. The 26" model was in stock at Bud's until yesterday. I was willing to wait, but the response I got was that they didn't know if they would even be getting them back in stock. I think that's a real shame. So I didn't want to wait on the Weatherby for fear the same thing would happen.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #23

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 68

you made a very good choice insted of the chevy you got the buick for now go shoot it have fun and learn in a few years you get the caddy

Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
Yeah, the first video I saw of the SA08 was a review of the Deluxe model and I have to say the pictures don't do it justice. It's looks incredible. So I was very happy to read a lot of reviews that had nothing but good to say about it. The only complaint I saw was that the trigger guard is made out of plastic. Can't complain too much that the price point though. I worry you might not be able to get the 930 in walnut anymore. The 26" model was in stock at Bud's until yesterday. I was willing to wait, but the response I got was that they didn't know if they would even be getting them back in stock. I think that's a real shame. So I didn't want to wait on the Weatherby for fear the same thing would happen.
the thing about reviews today thay are all infomercials thay cant say much bad about what there story is about i.e. thay cant call a pigs azz pork. get to the range shoot everything you can and find what works for you

Old 04-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #25

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydewar View Post
you made a very good choice insted of the chevy you got the buick for now go shoot it have fun and learn in a few years you get the caddy
I'll be interested to shoot it when I get it. I've shot my father's Mossberg 500 a lot and was very pleased with it. It also wan't much more than the 930.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydewar View Post
the thing about reviews today thay are all infomercials thay cant say much bad about what there story is about i.e. thay cant call a pigs azz pork. get to the range shoot everything you can and find what works for you
Yeah, there were some of those, which are good to find out about the gun. Most of the ones I watched were from average people just reviewing a gun they bought. Those are the ones I find useful. Especially when they do some shooting in the video.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #26

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon

I'll be interested to shoot it when I get it. I've shot my father's Mossberg 500 a lot and was very pleased with it. It also wan't much more than the 930.

Yeah, there were some of those, which are good to find out about the gun. Most of the ones I watched were from average people just reviewing a gun they bought. Those are the ones I find useful. Especially when they do some shooting in the video.
I agree I like to read what average shooters like us say about guns before I buy

Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #27

Why is the 930 not goof for home defense? I am new to shotguns and was looking at the 930. Thanks for the help!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum27 View Post
Why is the 930 not goof for home defense? I am new to shotguns and was looking at the 930. Thanks for the help!
he was looking for a basic trap gun hd is another world .check the other threads

Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #29

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

This is a little extra cost but as a last resort, you could buy the synthetic and then buy some walnut furniture for it.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #30

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum27 View Post
The 930 SPX that he was talking about had a bad track record off the bat. Although that has largely been fixed with some revisions. Keep on mind that the 930 and the 930 spx are not the same. In a pinch the 930 could serve a HD purpose.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Last edited by gmaster456; 04-17-2012 at 12:57 AM.