mossberg 835 question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > mossberg 835 question

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default mossberg 835 question

I have been looking at a couple of 835s at my lgs and I'm trying to decided if it's worth upgrading my 500 to one for the 3 1/2in chamber one has a cheap red dot and the other one just has a bead sight thanks for your help.

__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 03-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
akers06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,195
Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default

I would go with a 535 before I bought an 835 bc the 835s have the oversized bore like the 935s and from what have seen and read that don't pattern well with turkey loads I'm not sure about other loads

__________________
akers06 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06
I would go with a 535 before I bought an 835 bc the 835s have the oversized bore like the 935s and from what have seen and read that don't pattern well with turkey loads I'm not sure about other loads
I would but they only have the 835s used I'm waiting till after Turkey season before i go trading
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AleksiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Helsinki,Finland
Posts: 425
Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

If you really feel the need for 3½" chamber, then go for it. I've got a 835 but mostly shoot just 2 3/4" and 3" shells. As for the sights, I put a fiber optic on mine, works for me but YMMV.

__________________
AleksiR is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksiR
If you really feel the need for 3½" chamber, then go for it. I've got a 835 but mostly shoot just 2 3/4" and 3" shells. As for the sights, I put a fiber optic on mine, works for me but YMMV.
How is yours on recoil with the 3 1/2 shells

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AleksiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Helsinki,Finland
Posts: 425
Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post
How is yours on recoil with the 3 1/2 shells

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH
Haha, it's not that bad really, but a good recoil pad helps. I do shoot them for fun, but it stops being fun after 15 or so
__________________
AleksiR is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksiR

Haha, it's not that bad really, but a good recoil pad helps. I do shoot them for fun, but it stops being fun after 15 or so
Well I've never shot one but seems like every year I get that one bird to hang up out of range and I tried of it lol

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AleksiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Helsinki,Finland
Posts: 425
Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Yeah, that's really annoying. The 3½" shells might give you just the extra kick you need for that. And it's also fun to put friends behind the trigger with those loads if they've never shot them before

__________________
AleksiR is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigdaddy573's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,490
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksiR
Yeah, that's really annoying. The 3½" shells might give you just the extra kick you need for that. And it's also fun to put friends behind the trigger with those loads if they've never shot them before
Lol ya but all my friends use them and they love them and they tell me i should switch to them

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH
__________________
bigdaddy573 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AleksiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Helsinki,Finland
Posts: 425
Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy573 View Post
Lol ya but all my friends use them and they love them and they tell me i should switch to them

I RUN LIKE A CHEVY AND IM BUILT FORD TOUGH
I've understood most people use 3½" for turkey in the US. Would be fun to try, but we don't have any around here.
__________________
AleksiR is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
new mossberg 500 forend question justreet78 General Shotgun Discussion 9 09-27-2011 06:13 PM
Mossberg 9200 question CourtJester General Shotgun Discussion 0 10-21-2010 12:57 AM
Mossberg Stock Question for anyone... gnhtn2day Firearm Accessories & Gear 1 04-22-2010 12:09 PM
mossberg 500 Question Mitch_H General Shotgun Discussion 11 11-18-2009 03:48 PM
Mossberg Question ponsa019 General Shotgun Discussion 1 09-13-2009 05:13 PM