Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > mossberg 835

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default mossberg 835

I have one of these that I have used for various types of hunting and target shooTing for about 17 years. I am extremely comfortable with this shotgun. I am.looking at replacing it for hunting but thought it would be fun to transform it to HD. I have found two issues with this. One is that it its all woodland camo and two have had difficulty finding tactical parts for this model. Can I achieve this build myself? I would like to replace stock and forend with dark earth tactical gear and longer mag. If I can find mag in same camo. Suggestions? Not extremely worried about cost..think it would be a fun build and worth it for HD/SHTF!

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5452 Times on 2845 Posts
Likes Given: 350

not going to find that stuff for a 835. all the tacticool is pretty much focused on the 500 and 590 series

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 03-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #3

I was afraid of that....the gun would be fine as is for HD...just thought it would be cool to update it a bit...the gun has only had a couple thousand round put through it

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-20-2013, 01:59 AM   #4

It really is a great shotgun..have used it for everything from turkey (its intended use) , to squirrel, to Skeet and target . would be cool to re purpose

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5452 Times on 2845 Posts
Likes Given: 350

They arent really buit for super high roundcounts and such. The 835 are nice but they arent meant for much past the turkey rabbit goose duck etc hunt.

The amount you will spend on trying to customize it you could get a 590 or 500 and some addons. Especially idf you buy used.

Used to have a 835. They are nice but im not a big shotgunner.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-20-2013, 02:55 AM   #6

Got ya...haha...you have some good base knowlegdge for not being a shotgunner lol...i have spent my life hunting..but recently got back into shooting and am hooked again

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton

Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #7

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 244

I'm pretty sure the 835 is compatible with most parts that work this the 590 and 500. 590 barrels will also work. http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2346

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 PM   #8

Good to know..I will be sure to post before and afters once I start!

-AP

― Thomas Jefferson

― Alexander Hamilton