Mossberg 590 barrel
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mossberg 590 barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default Mossberg 590 barrel

Does any one know of someone that sells barrels for the Mossberg 590 with at least a front sight mounted? The receiver is already drilled and tapped for the rear sight but adding a front sight would involve getting a gunsmith to silver solder a front sight on and them reblue the barrel. I know I could just add a quad rail and put the sights on there but would rather just go the new barrel route.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2160 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 804

Mossberg? You can find used barrels on eBay.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 10-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Mossberg? You can find used barrels on eBay.
Nope and nope. None at either place.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 10-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #4

Liked 101 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

If you want to go the cheap route ATI makes a heat shield with built in front and rear sights, although I cannot recomend them some people like them. I dont know the name off hand but you can buy a ghost ring kit for it off the 590A1 from somewhere I have seen before (sorry that part is not very helpfull) or you can look at stores like Gander Mountain or Cabella's or Dick's etc and they sell the front and rear set fiber optic sights that are drop on installation and are very nice.

Last edited by deathkricket; 10-22-2013 at 04:23 AM. Reason: fingers out typing brain