You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Mossberg 590 or 590a1, that's the ?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 04:07 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
glockcoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Can't forget about my G27,imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1393387538.095044.jpg Ohhh wait wrong FORUM lol....


Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
glockcoma is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:29 AM   #32
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,923
Liked 7462 Times on 3977 Posts
Likes Given: 594

Default

How can you have great taste in shotguns but fail soooo hard in pistols... heh.

I'm a big 590 fan. I love the control layout as they are great for lefty or righty never have to let go with the firing hand. Dual extractors. Open access to the magazine. Bolt has a solid locking lug snapping into place holding the bolt solid closed. Unlike the 870 the ejector is easy to replace in case of breakage with just a screwdriver. The 870 requires a trip to a gunsmith who has the special crimping tools or back to remington.

Pretty much fixes every issue the remington 870 has.
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
JonM is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:14 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
glockcoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 109
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Mossberg 590 or 590a1, that's the ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
How can you have great taste in shotguns but fail soooo hard in pistols... heh.

I'm a big 590 fan. I love the control layout as they are great for lefty or righty never have to let go with the firing hand. Dual extractors. Open access to the magazine. Bolt has a solid locking lug snapping into place holding the bolt solid closed. Unlike the 870 the ejector is easy to replace in case of breakage with just a screwdriver. The 870 requires a trip to a gunsmith who has the special crimping tools or back to remington.

Pretty much fixes every issue the remington 870 has.
Hey I like glocks what can I say, but I'm not a fanboy i like other guns as well, heck I have a 1911. Glocks have been good to me though what can I say.


Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Last edited by glockcoma; 02-26-2014 at 05:42 AM.
glockcoma is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:32 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalama, WA
Posts: 399
Liked 246 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Default

I had a question on the 590a1 and did not want to start a new thread but does anyone know if the 590a1 8+1 has an extension? A 10 or 11 shot, shotgun with bayonet would be sweet. Being the shotgun fanatic I am, I want to add the 590a1 to my collection as well.
jeffm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 06:36 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FernandoTheCommando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,164
Liked 672 Times on 397 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
I had a question on the 590a1 and did not want to start a new thread but does anyone know if the 590a1 8+1 has an extension? A 10 or 11 shot, shotgun with bayonet would be sweet. Being the shotgun fanatic I am, I want to add the 590a1 to my collection as well.
I have the 590a1. Is 8+1 of 12 gauge not enough?! Ive never seen an extension for it. Plus, its a 20" barrel and the 8 shell magazine tube is even with the end of the barrel so an extension for 3 more shells would stick over 6 inches past the barrel, which in my opinion would look ridiculous and be detrimental to the overall aesthetics and function of the shotgun. It already has a bayonet lug on it, but ive never seen anyone attach a bayonet. With the heavy barrel on the a1, its already a weighty shotgun. I wouldnt add to that weight with an extension or bayonet, but again thats just my humble opinion.

Last edited by FernandoTheCommando; 02-06-2016 at 06:40 PM.
FernandoTheCommando is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:36 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TankTop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,222
Liked 1797 Times on 923 Posts

Default Mossberg 590 or 590a1, that's the ?

I think the breaching end on it would be just as effective as a bayonet

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1454791264.566441.jpg

Last edited by TankTop; 02-06-2016 at 08:41 PM.
TankTop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalama, WA
Posts: 399
Liked 246 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
I have the 590a1. Is 8+1 of 12 gauge not enough?! Ive never seen an extension for it. Plus, its a 20" barrel and the 8 shell magazine tube is even with the end of the barrel so an extension for 3 more shells would stick over 6 inches past the barrel, which in my opinion would look ridiculous and be detrimental to the overall aesthetics and function of the shotgun. It already has a bayonet lug on it, but ive never seen anyone attach a bayonet. With the heavy barrel on the a1, its already a weighty shotgun. I wouldnt add to that weight with an extension or bayonet, but again thats just my humble opinion.
the 8+1 is plenty but I thought it would be cool to have a "double digit shot capacity" shotgun, how much is the weight? I will admit I get eager when I see videos and reviews on youtube, I already have two 12 gauge shotguns but for some reason I want this Mossberg as well just to add to the collection.
jeffm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:41 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalama, WA
Posts: 399
Liked 246 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Default

I just did a little research and I came up with the 590a1 weighs around 7.5 lbs. which is close to my 870 police magnum.
jeffm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:11 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FernandoTheCommando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,164
Liked 672 Times on 397 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
the 8+1 is plenty but I thought it would be cool to have a "double digit shot capacity" shotgun, how much is the weight? I will admit I get eager when I see videos and reviews on youtube, I already have two 12 gauge shotguns but for some reason I want this Mossberg as well just to add to the collection.
If you want double digit capacity have you looked at the keltec ksg?
FernandoTheCommando is offline  
jeffm Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:40 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kalama, WA
Posts: 399
Liked 246 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
If you want double digit capacity have you looked at the keltec ksg?
yes, I haven't read or watched many reviews about that gun but I have not heard many great things so far.
jeffm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Mossberg 590A1 Persuader CallsignCaveman General Shotgun Discussion 10 02-12-2013 04:03 PM
Mossberg 500 Persuader vs Mossberg 590a1 Hendoproof General Shotgun Discussion 36 01-06-2013 02:21 PM
How Would You Dress Up A Mossberg 590A1? PanBaccha General Shotgun Discussion 10 01-24-2012 08:56 PM
Mossberg 590A1 or Kel-Tec Sub 2000? PanBaccha General Shotgun Discussion 5 01-10-2012 09:11 PM
Mossberg 590A vs. 590A1 VitSports6 General Shotgun Discussion 19 02-23-2011 03:35 PM