Mossberg 590 or 590a1, that's the ? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mossberg 590 or 590a1, that's the ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

My 590 Mariner is awesome. Has not failed me yet. Also, water/saltwater proof, which is excellent hunting in a temperate rainforest. Makes a great boat gun too.

001.jpg   018.jpg   006.jpg   016.jpg   004.jpg  

007.jpg   008.jpg   014.jpg   012.jpg  

"Feuer Frei!"

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 02-07-2014, 06:26 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

She is a beauty, what type of optic you have on her?

Old 02-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #13
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1954 Times on 1206 Posts
Likes Given: 11118

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcoma View Post
So I ended up going with the 590a1, ordered it from buds on the 29th and its shipped a couple days ago so its currently on the way. Needless to say Im pretty excited cant wait to get my hands on her, this being the first shotty I own.
Cngrats on your first shotgun. Don't forget to post picc when it comes in, so we can all drool over it.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
She is a beauty, what type of optic you have on her?
A cheap Sight Mark Holographic Mini Shot.. It actually works and stays zeroed in after I remove it. I only use the optic when the shotgun is chambered with slugs. All that is really needed on a shotgun. I use the Aimpoint and Eotech on my semi auto rifles.
013.jpg  

"Feuer Frei!"

Old 02-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
A cheap Sight Mark Holographic Mini Shot.. It actually works and stays zeroed in after I remove it. I only use the optic when the shotgun is chambered with slugs. All that is really needed on a shotgun. I use the Aimpoint and Eotech on my semi auto rifles.
I need to look into that, I like a bead sight that's why I went with the model 51660. I do plan on putting on an XS big dot on her though.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I do want an optic for slugs, but I wanna get use to shooting them with a bead first.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I do want an optic for slugs, but I wanna get use to shooting them with a bead first.
Best to learn with the bead in the beginning. Never know if the optics lose zero or malfunctions.

"Feuer Frei!"

Old 02-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Cngrats on your first shotgun. Don't forget to post picc when it comes in, so we can all drool over it.
Will do Kfox, tracking it says it will be delivered on Monday only due to the weekend.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:35 AM   #19
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1954 Times on 1206 Posts
Likes Given: 11118

Quote:
It's pretty simple to learn, as all it is is the difference between POA and POI. If yoiu are hitting low by 3 inches, and right by 2 inches, aim 3 inches over and 2 inches left of you intended POI. Also keep in mind that consistency is key. Find the brand and weight of slug that your shotgun likes best by picking up a couple boxes of each brand. When you find the one that your gun produces the best groups with, stick with that brand. Once you go over to optics, you can tailor your sights to work with just about anything you load up as long as it is the same as what you sighted in with.

I just hope you don't have the issue i did with my old Stevens single shot 12. It only liked 3 inch Activs ( The old all plastic shells) which I can't even find anymore. Not an issue for me as I no longer own that heavy triggered beast.

Quote:
Will do Kfox, tracking it says it will be delivered on Monday only due to the weekend.
May your shipment arrive with no delays.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:47 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
It's pretty simple to learn, as all it is is the difference between POA and POI. If yoiu are hitting low by 3 inches, and right by 2 inches, aim 3 inches over and 2 inches left of you intended POI. Also keep in mind that consistency is key. Find the brand and weight of slug that your shotgun likes best by picking up a couple boxes of each brand. When you find the one that your gun produces the best groups with, stick with that brand. Once you go over to optics, you can tailor your sights to work with just about anything you load up as long as it is the same as what you sighted in with.

I just hope you don't have the issue i did with my old Stevens single shot 12. It only liked 3 inch Activs ( The old all plastic shells) which I can't even find anymore. Not an issue for me as I no longer own that heavy triggered beast.

May your shipment arrive with no delays.
Thanks for the tip, and I also do hope it come in time with no delays. Man let me tell you I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting on "Old Saint Nick"...