Mossberg 500 vs Remmington 870? - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mossberg 500 vs Remmington 870?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 03:14 AM   #131
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Do they make Cerakote for nails? Maybe some kevlar instead of acrylic?
IDK, but i bet Readygirl is looking into it!

Old 06-30-2013, 06:39 AM   #132
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1583 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 8232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoten View Post
To the person who posted about Mossbergs having an issue with the slide location and a pistol grip... I FIXED THAT!
Pretty slick slide release you got there Shoten. I would be interested in that for a 500 if I still had one and I wasn't left handed. That looks like it would be a little bit of a biter for us lefties. Still a cool concept though.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 06-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #133
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1583 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 8232

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Ohhhhh boy... Not another one of these. Here we are divided by the 500 fanboys and the 870 fanboys. Apple VS. Android, chevy Vs. Ford

REMINGTON 870

Best shotgun for the money. Very rugged (the NEWER models are a hair finickey but they are slowly being fixed). 870's are very well known and parts can be found all over. The shell carrier is a bonus, unlike the 500 which does not have one. And remington has a Rem-Choke system which does not require changing of the barrels to change the choke.

Buy the best, the 870.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
What gets ME is ********* thinkin' you have to buy different barrels from Mossberg if you want to change the choke. They had C-Lect Choke when Remington made you buy different barrels and, although you CAN still buy separate barrels with a fixed choke from Mossberg (what customer service!), they have offered screw-in chokes for I-don't-know-how-many DECADES now.

Shows you how on-top-of-it and pertinent defensive Remington owners' opinions are. NOT!

By the way, Remington customer service sends people TO MOSSBERG to buy barrels for their 870's. Hello!!! Even I replaced a Remington barrel on one of my 870 WingMaster's with a straight-rifled Hastings right after I replaced the broken firing pin...
Not only the C-Lect choke which was added to the line of shotguns in the 1950 model year, but also internally threaded screw on chokes which came to be in the 1940s. here are some catalog images of both. check out this site. you will find some Mossberg brand history here.

http://home.epix.net/~damguy/

Edit: Oops, came out too small, and I can't enlarge them. Click on the link and them click on shotguns at the RH bottom of page. Go from there to catalogs. The evidence of the existence of interchangeable chokes is there. I also know that mossberg amd remington have interchangeable chokes, both then and now for the Mossbergs, because I own an 870, a 500, a 185-d, and a 185-ka. All of them have interchangeable or variable chokes.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 06-30-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #134

Liked 133 Times on 103 Posts

I had a C-Lect choke. It is still out in the marsh with a couple of inches of the barrel that went with it. Mossberg did repair the gun, and I quickly sold it.

What could have happened... did.