Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > The Mossberg 500 Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts

Default The Mossberg 500 Cruiser

The Mossberg 500 Cruiser

‘Vicious’, that was my first thought when I first held the Mossberg 500 Cruiser, ‘this is vicious!’ Having grown up around sporting shotguns, this home defense model was quite a departure. A pump action shotgun designed to protect your family with a ‘tried and true’ design from the proven Mossberg® military 500® and 590® models. Consider that Mossberg's 500 line of Tactical Cruisers and Persuaders pump shotguns are the only pump action shotguns ever to pass all, read that again, all, US Military Mil-Spec 3443 standards.

The Mossberg Cruiser 500 has a low visibility matte black finish and comes exclusively with a pistol grip and 18 ½” barrel designed for maneuverability within a structural environment. This vicious and compact 12 gauge home defender is 28.75" long and has a capacity of 5+1 in the 2-3/4" shells or 4+1 if using 3" long shells.

Shooting this bad boy took some getting used to. With no stock, a strong wrist is a must. The blast from the 12 gauge has a huge kick and not ‘locking’ your wrist in a straight line with your forearm can come as a nasty recoil shock. Of course, being on the other end is even worse.

The Cruiser is the only shotgun I know where that manufacturer cites the utility flash hider as a close quarters weapon. The application is easy to imagine but striking that designers wrestled with the notion of what happens when the magazine is empty.

Mossberg® incorporated many of their proven features like anti-jam elevator, dual extractors for reliable feeding, and positive shot shell extraction and ejection. The safety is mounted topside to reduce the chance of accidental discharge.

Cool to hold, fun to shoot and ‘scary as hell’ when viewed from the business end, the Mossberg 500 Cruiser is the compact home defense weapon of choice.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

If I got a great deal on a cruiser I would buy it. Then I would ditch the pistol grip and put an ATI retractable stock on it. I shoot sporting clays with the senior national champion quite often. He has great difficulty hitting skeet from the hip and so do I. If a national champion can't do something I don't think you can either. Things happen very fast in self defense situations. I don't need any built in handicaps in my weapons.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/