maverick 88 ejection port issue

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > maverick 88 ejection port issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default maverick 88 ejection port issue

Hey guys i just got a maverick 88 pump 20 gauge and took it apart to clean it and put it back together and the pump wont go back all the way know. When i look where the shell should be ejected there is no way for it to eject if i fired a round or had a shell in there. Any clue how to fix this would be great ive pulled this shotgun apart so many times trying to get it to work and no luck! please help

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Pics would help. Can you post some?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #3

heres a pic of how far the forearm will go down which it should go down alot more.

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss7/alaw03/shotgunproblem2.jpg

and this is the pic of the ejector port being partily blocked by the firing block i guess u would call it.

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss7/alaw03/shotgunproblem1.jpg

hope these work and help get a better idea of the problem

Old 01-20-2011, 04:52 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Sorry, the pics are not detailed enough to help. I have an 88 and reassembly is pretty easy. Take it apart again, and go slowly during the reassemble. Make sure the action bars are in the right place on the bolt.

Have you looked at the exploded parts diagram?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."