Marlin mod 1898 shotgun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Marlin mod 1898 shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 04:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Marlin mod 1898 shotgun

I have a 1898 model 12 ga shotgun. I sent it to a smith to do a complete restoration. I have located and purchased all internal parts,bought a stock from the supplier. When I had it restored, it was done so in such a manor that several individuals(collectors) thought it was an original. It was reblued but was done in such a fashion that the blue is light in certain areas and very thin in others. The weapon had no pits but when racked back to feed a shell the hammer would fall into the half cock position. The weapon has an 18in barrel with a nice new/old stock stock and is the take down version. The weapon will not be fired but according to the smith will shoot standard 2 3/4
standard shells. It originally came with a wood piston grip stock instead of a straight stock, which was common on a 24in barrel while the pistol grip stock was on the 18in version. This weapon reminds me of the Old Winchester model, therefore it has a place in the safe next to a old Winchester version. I have taken chunks of flesh out of my right hand due to the hammer/slide eating me up. This weapon turned out great.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here