Mariner with rifle sights?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Mariner with rifle sights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Default Mariner with rifle sights?

I checked Mossberg's website & don't recall seeing any mariners with rifle sights. I want an 18.5" 590 version. I know all about different sight attachments but most all of them are based on the receiver & some of those might get in the way of my choate top folder which I love. Any ideas?

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-23-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5520 Times on 2883 Posts
Likes Given: 358

considering the nature of where iron sights tend to reside and where top folding stocks tend to rest i think the two are mutually exclusive. one or the other. i dont think they offer the mariner with iron sights.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #3

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
considering the nature of where iron sights tend to reside and where top folding stocks tend to rest i think the two are mutually exclusive. one or the other. i dont think they offer the mariner with iron sights.
That's too bad. I know there's one sight that can be used with the Choate but I'd hate to have to sight it in when slugs are this pricey.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 12-23-2010, 03:23 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
I checked Mossberg's website & don't recall seeing any mariners with rifle sights. I want an 18.5" 590 version. I know all about different sight attachments but most all of them are based on the receiver & some of those might get in the way of my choate top folder which I love. Any ideas?
Vented Barrel w/ Ghost Rear and dot frt.
More like a barrel vent, it is a long curved piece w/ holes near the length. Fastens w/ screws on front I am not sure it is available in SS finish