Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Marine Magnum Internal upgrades to Police???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Marine Magnum Internal upgrades to Police???

Want to switch out the external parts in my 870 marine magnum so that its at least ghe dame as a 870MMP. Iknow the extractor to a Non-MIM is first and foremost. Where should I go from there? What other upgrades do the police models have?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #2

Liked 102 Times on 78 Posts

A heavier mag spring, which you get with any extended magazine, and a heavier carrier dog spring (I think I remember right), and a heavier sear spring. IMO all you need is the mag spring and the forged extractor. That's based on 38 years and zero issues with "normal" Wingmasters. I don't need a heavier trigger pull to be safe.

What could have happened... did.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Certainly not worried about trigger pull being to light either. Aren't the Wingmasters built in the same clean room the same way as the police models?

Old 03-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #4

Liked 102 Times on 78 Posts

When I went thru the Remington factory I never saw any clean room. Guns don't need a clean room atmosphere anyway. If Purdey and Perazzi don't need it, Remington sure doesn't. The final finish on a Wingmaster is high polish. The Police models I have seen were either Parkerized or matte. The internal finish is about the same with the Parkerized Police Models. The matte models are about Express level with a few different parts. Under the skin an Express is the same gun as the Wingmaster. They save money on the finishing.

What could have happened... did.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know that the police models are constructed from CNC machined parts rather than MIM. Such as the extractor. Also I think carrier spring.