magazine cap swivel stud & stock swivel stud
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > magazine cap swivel stud & stock swivel stud

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default magazine cap swivel stud & stock swivel stud

i have a pardner pump protector, i love it so much i decided to get the regular pardner pump. the regular pardner doesn't have a stock stud or mag cap stud. the stock has the brass insert for the fine thread stud and the mag cap has the hole in it but no studs. i called h&r and they haven't got anything for it, they are getting it in but no time frame. any idea's what i can do? i think i can get the fine thread stud on ebay but the mag cap i haven't figured out. thanks for any help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2014, 10:53 PM   #2

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

I have the same problem so ill be watching this thread, i'm gonna buy the magpul 870 stock but I still need the cap.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:27 AM   #3

Liked 757 Times on 483 Posts
Likes Given: 238

How about one of these sets?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod/Shotgun_Sling_Swivel_Set

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:28 AM   #4

has anyone tried these?, wonder how good the stud holds on the cap? (Uncle Mike's Quick Detachable Super Swivels for Most Pumps and Autos (Blued, 1-Inch Loop). these are sold by ecop on amazon

Old 02-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #5

Liked 154 Times on 116 Posts

I have installed countless sets of Uncle Mike's studs on all kinds of guns, and all I can say is that they all worked exactly as advertised. I have the fore end cap studs on three different shotguns of my own that have been there for up to 30 years with zero problems.

What could have happened... did.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2014, 03:14 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 1380 Posts
Likes Given: 766

If you have a set of calipers you can easily see if the uncle mikes 870 stud will fit. If the stud won't fit try to borrow an 870 end cap. Most LGS will let you try before you buy. Might cost a few dollars more at the LGS but you will leave with a working part.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #7

I also just purchased a pardner pump. Got a Remington "Universal" Cap and stock stud kit. The cap fits great but the stud for the stock is too big. Been looking around for a week now to find a stud that will fit so I can get my sling on.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #8

i got the uncle mikes swivel set #1231-2, the machine screw in the set fits the stock, the other stud goes into the cap and a washer snaps in a groove. holds great and swivels good, got it on ebay for $16.00, but your local shop may have them. the set also comes with a long regular stock stud but i can't use it, i'll save it for another gun i have that it will fit.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #9

Thanks. Found it and it looks like it should work!

Old 03-03-2014, 04:11 AM   #10

Liked 289 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Some Remington synth stocks have the brass insert for machine screw swivel stud (IIRC 8-32). Those without the brass insert take the wood screw type.

The magazine cap?

I just drill mine out for the 8-32 machine screw type and cut whatever I need off and Loctite a nut after washer spacer. On my 1100's, since the mag cap is dished, I use a delrin spacer up front.

Cheap (now maybe $5 tops) and works great, have done it this way for 30 yrs.

Now, I did get a beater 1100 recently, where the mag cap was pretty torn up. I bought the new 870/1100/1187 super wonderful do all cap...........and whatever little clip they run, yeah that blew off in less than 10 shots. Mag cap stud stays on, due to shoulder.........but removing the cap lets it come apart.

Fix cost 37 cents.....for a 3/8" snap ring.

Everything new these days seems to be a pile of crap.

Last edited by Hookeye; 03-03-2014 at 04:18 AM.