Made in America!!! - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Made in America!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #61
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2335 Times on 1257 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Take it easy Tex!

I've had to edit several of the last posts on here. No need to start a flame war.

And by the way, my 930 has cycled every single shell I've put in it without a problem.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 09-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #62

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
Are you going to stop eating fruits and vegetables because they aren't home grown? Get serious. Every company has to make money or pretty soon they won't make anything.
The government is a huge hurdle to doing anything in the US of A. You have to have handicapped bathrooms, your workforce has to be representative of the regional populace, handicapped parking, if you try to fire an incompetent, you are likely to get sued, charged with harassment, you name it. You have reams of paperwork to file with the government so they can keep all those government employees busy checking on you, and then they file it all away. You have a 2500 page document now telling you how you have to handle employee health insurance, if you provide it, and how much you owe if you don't. You have to make sure your chimney doesn't emit anything that might do anything to anything, and test it continuously. You dare not tell a female employee you like her outfit or she looks nice for fear of a harassment charge. If you make cars, you have to meet CAFE standards - foreign cars are exempt - say what ? YES. You have OSHA making sure a 100% total idiot couldn't get hurt if they tried, and trying to find a way to fine you to raise revenue. You have to put warning labels out the ying yang on everything, but that doesn't do one thing to keep you from getting sued if Joe stupid sticks his hand under his lawnmower with it running. The list is endless. And you don't have ANY of that crap in a lot of foreign countries. The list is endless.
I almost forgot, before you can build a major manufacturing facility - either new or to relocate - you may have to do an environmental impact statement. And you can bet the local tree huggers will fight anything, and I do mean anything. California has the largest per capita power consumption. And they are violently opposed to any kind of power generation facility. They want all that nasty stuff somewhere else and then sell them the power cheap.
Well said, Virginian!

Col, that used Remington 1100 for $300 sounds like a great way to fill the gap in your collection! I picked one up used a couple years ago and it turned out great. I also had an old 870 that's stood up well so tried the 1100.

Used guns are one way to buy true Made in USA - just not assembled or whatever "made" means today.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

colmustard Likes This 
Old 09-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #63

Liked 154 Times on 116 Posts

Everyone who is using a "Made in America" computer please raise your hands.
The last rear wheel drive Caprices and LTDs had enough foreign sourced parts in them that they were classified as foreign made on purpose, so they didn't figure into the CAFE calculations. Everyone has exited the solar power arena because the Chinese have lowered the prices so much you just can't compete. The New World order sucks. We are giving away our standard of living to advance the third world and buy votes in this country. And the rest of the world mostly still hates us, and the freeloaders at home hate the people who have something because they worked for it. I hate to think about what my grandkids are in for.

What could have happened... did.

Last edited by Virginian; 09-02-2013 at 08:05 PM.
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 09-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #64

Liked 109 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
Everyone who is using a "Made in America" computer please raise your hands.
The last rear wheel drive Caprices and LTDs had enough foreign sourced parts in them that they were classified as foreign made on purpose, so they didn't figure into the CAFE calculations. Everyone has exited the solar power arena because the Chinese have lowered the prices so much you just can't compete. The New World order sucks. We are giving away our standard of living to advance the third world and buy votes in this country. And the rest of the world mostly still hates us, and the freeloaders at home hate the people who have something because they worked for it. I hate to think about what my grandkids are in for.
It is pretty sad these days. Things have changed alot, and not for the better.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 518

At Quentin Thanks for the advice, I may look at that 1100 again.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Quentin Likes This 
Old 09-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #66

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Every used(old) 1100 I've ever shot ran like a freight train. One of my favorite clay guns. Shot a real nice 80's field grade model with some beautiful engraving a couple months ago, been thinking about her ever since, too bad my buddy would never consider divorcing her.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:33 AM   #67

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a trap model 1100. I really like the gun. Only issue I have is when I use it for doubles, it gets picky about ammo. Doesn't like the light loads so much.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #68

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The 1100 I shot chewed through multiple Wally World #8 family packs.