Made in America!!! - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Made in America!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1663

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1
It looks like it comes down to how much you want to spend. Personally, I would go for function over pretty, but I'm just a blue collar that tries to spend my money wisely. Mossberg would be my choice, especially because its a family owned company.
+1 on that
The 935 JM is sweet!!

Old 08-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #42

Liked 108 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post
Well I went to one of my local mom and pop places and they had a Mossberg 935 in what looked to be waterfowl camo. The gun said made in U.S.A on the receiver. But didn't someone here say that their parts are made in mexico? But that was my only find for the day. I plan on going to gander mtn. and another mom and pop place later in the week to see what else I can find.

The American worker is an endangered species, I always buy American guns unless they are military surplus or a gift. I only have a couple that are not made here, and I thought that firearms would be one thing we in America can rely on to be made here. TekGreg was on the money when saying most of what he said. But I believe there is still hope for the firearm industry. There are still a ton of companies working here (especially in the AR field) and we need to support them. I live in Ohio and Ohio is a farming and manufacturing state. We rely on tractors and making car parts, yet many factories are now gone and everyone works retail. So sad, but I believe we can turn it around.

For example even if you have to save up to buy your next pair of work boots buy American. I would rather wear my old boots and jeans for a month or two longer than buy cheap junk. I save and save so I can support an American family putting food on their table. Actually I just found a place that sells 100% made in America jeans and clothes, funny thing is the jeans are a few bucks cheaper than levis!! So spend a little time looking and buy American! I know sometimes you can't but anytime you can do so! I would rather feed an American family buy paying more than saving and letting that money keep a sweat shop open!
Please share the name of the clothing mfg. Even Carhardt is overseas nowdays

Old 08-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #43

Liked 2468 Times on 1603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by p35bhp55 View Post

Please share the name of the clothing mfg. Even Carhardt is overseas nowdays
+1! And where is the store? (I'm in Ohio too)

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 08-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Clothing company is called All American Clothing CO. website is http://www.allamericanclothing.com/ Phone is 888.937.8009

I just bought some Thorogood work boots from them (made in Wisconsin) Also there jeans come with a number on the tag that you can type into their site and it shows you just what farm the cotton came from, my jeans cotton came from a farm in Texas. Also all the hardware on the jeans and thread is American.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

p35bhp55 Likes This 
Old 08-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The store is in a small town called Arcanum, Ohio about 45 min from Dayton. But most of the clothes are made in Texas I think and other American textile mills.

The jeans I picked up are these http://www.allamericanclothing.com/made-in-usa/AA2012.html They have a different styles but I am a levis 569 guy and these are about the same and a few bucks cheaper!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 08-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #46
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2150 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 777

Ummm... tap, tap, tap... this thread is about shotguns.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 08-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #47

Liked 132 Times on 102 Posts

If its made in Texas I have to wonder if the labor was U.S..

What could have happened... did.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:25 AM   #48

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
If its made in Texas I have to wonder if the labor was U.S..
Irony is a mother........

Old 08-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Come on guys just because some products are made in Texas does not mean they are not made by Americans. If that's the case, then yo might as well stop eating, because look at how your veggies are picked and take a trip to a local meat slaughter house and see who's working.

Now back on subject! Semi shotguns made here!!

--George Washington

Old 08-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #50

Liked 1026 Times on 573 Posts
Likes Given: 1618

I have some guy friends that are ASE dealership mechanics. They spend big money on their tool/toolboxes. They are really bummed about tools being made in china now... Mac/Matco/Snapon/Craftsman/Kobalt/Etc...They say they wont pay the big bucks for chinese Snapon...I guess we will see... You should see them light up an go running when they see a Snapon truck. Its like a 7yr old kid when he sees the ice cream truck...lol. From what i can figure out from listening to them...SK is the only tool company left that is 100% USA.

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....