Made in America!!! - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Made in America!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Made in the usa................

One thousand year old trees, made in America............My sister inlaw has a freezer that still works that belonged to her grand mother. Its over 60 years old.............

Old 08-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #32
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Enjoy! I have an eye open for one myself. What do you think of it as far as fit, function and accuracy? Worth building it in America?
Not one issue with it. It does exactly what it is supposed to. Primarily use it shooting clays, so light loads. It eats them with no problems.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #33

Liked 2821 Times on 1833 Posts

I buy American whenever possible but that doesn't mean I don't like some Chinese products. When a u.s. product is purchased, many other jobs are supported. Employees at the local factory eat, shop, and spend their money near the job, which is more $ than what the wal mart employees are spending.

There are mitsubishis and toyotas union made in the states. Union suppliers make parts that get assembled in non union assembly plants. Lots of gray area there.

Unions aren't perfect, but they give a decent life for people who choose a factory career. Domestic automakers are wrestling pensions, which the Asians will catch up with. Many asian built factories were built 30 or so years ago. Watch and see what happens in the auto industry when waves of employees retire.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:17 AM   #34

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The American Labor Union movements support every Left Wing candidate. The American Labor Unions are doing the heavy lifting for the gun control politicians. If you think the Labor Unions are good for the country? Maybe you should look at Detroit, Michigan.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #35

Companies agreed to pay pensions and healthcare, then changed their minds. People worked their whole lives, thinking it will be there. That's what a contract is, an agreement to do something. Many cities across the u.s. are facing bankruptcy, so are unions ruining the whole country?

When our politicians promise something, then pull out the rug, we rightfully get p!$$@&. When a corporation does it, its ok?

Old 08-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #36

Liked 185 Times on 136 Posts

I am totally against union political views, and what they do with their member's dues. Totally self serving, just like me, but on the opposite tack. Not all unions are bad, and not all management is good. The lawmakers have screwed up everything. Short sighted vote buying is ALL they engage in. Lawyers writing laws is the biggest conflict of interest in the history of the world.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 744 Times on 497 Posts

The modern unions are in business to enrich their leaders, not their members. The days of union economic or social benefit are long gone. Now they are just another corrupt group looking to live off the labor of others.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacColt68 View Post
The modern unions are in business to enrich their leaders, not their members. The days of union economic or social benefit are long gone. Now they are just another corrupt group looking to live off the labor of others.
The exact same can be said of corporations.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 254 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 539

When I started this thread I did not mean to start a union this or that thread. I have always tried to buy American regardless if it is union or not, I try to support the blue collar worker living pay check to pay check to feed their family. I grew up in that world, my Mother still works in a factory. I just could not understand why all these American gun companies make many pump shotguns or rifles here in the states but out source their semi-auto line.

Right now it looks like I have three options 1. Remington (I like them ok, have a 870) 2. Mossberg (930 is all shells 3" and smaller and the 935 which is the magnum) 3. Berretta A300 (their only made in America shotgun)

The Remington's are nice but the price is steep. The Mossberg is not as nice as far as finish from the one I seen, but it seems solid and looks well made. The Berretta seems to be the best over all, nice looking furniture and of course quality.

Prices
Remington versa max is well over a thousand

Mossberg 935 at my local place is $675

Beretta A300 is $800

Like I said earlier I am still on the hunt (excuse my pun LOL) for an American made semi-auto. Something I can be proud to own and pass down, yet something that is a field gun and can take a beating. Shoot maybe I will just stay with my old 870?

Also I did see a Remington 1100 used for a little over $300 so that is a nice option. Also anyone know anything about the Remington 11-87?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 08-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #40

It looks like it comes down to how much you want to spend. Personally, I would go for function over pretty, but I'm just a blue collar that tries to spend my money wisely. Mossberg would be my choice, especially because its a family owned company.