Made in America!!! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Made in America!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #21
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6395 Times on 3200 Posts
Likes Given: 6890

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304inc View Post
Don't buy Remington because they may move out of a ridiculously gun Unfriendly state? Ill take two,,,,,,
I think you misunderstood me, Im saying not to buy a Remington until they actually move out of my gun unfriendly state. They just took a huge contract from Chuck Schumer that likely will keep them in NY until that money runs out. That make them opportunists not 2A friendly.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #22

Liked 146 Times on 113 Posts

Are you going to stop eating fruits and vegetables because they aren't home grown? Get serious. Every company has to make money or pretty soon they won't make anything.
The government is a huge hurdle to doing anything in the US of A. You have to have handicapped bathrooms, your workforce has to be representative of the regional populace, handicapped parking, if you try to fire an incompetent, you are likely to get sued, charged with harassment, you name it. You have reams of paperwork to file with the government so they can keep all those government employees busy checking on you, and then they file it all away. You have a 2500 page document now telling you how you have to handle employee health insurance, if you provide it, and how much you owe if you don't. You have to make sure your chimney doesn't emit anything that might do anything to anything, and test it continuously. You dare not tell a female employee you like her outfit or she looks nice for fear of a harassment charge. If you make cars, you have to meet CAFE standards - foreign cars are exempt - say what ? YES. You have OSHA making sure a 100% total idiot couldn't get hurt if they tried, and trying to find a way to fine you to raise revenue. You have to put warning labels out the ying yang on everything, but that doesn't do one thing to keep you from getting sued if Joe stupid sticks his hand under his lawnmower with it running. The list is endless. And you don't have ANY of that crap in a lot of foreign countries. The list is endless.
I almost forgot, before you can build a major manufacturing facility - either new or to relocate - you may have to do an environmental impact statement. And you can bet the local tree huggers will fight anything, and I do mean anything. California has the largest per capita power consumption. And they are violently opposed to any kind of power generation facility. They want all that nasty stuff somewhere else and then sell them the power cheap.

What could have happened... did.

Last edited by Virginian; 08-23-2013 at 10:41 AM.
People Like This 
Old 08-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #23

Liked 801 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 1652

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK97 View Post
What about Ruger?
Discontinued the Red & Gold label line years ago.... Personally, being a Ruger man myself, I would love to see them do a line of not only modern shotguns again, but make a side by side coach gun and a lever action to compliment their wonderful single actions !!
.... Can you say "cornering the cowboy market ???" Who knows.. with them expanding manufacturing into my home state of North Carolina ???? I can dream can't I ???

IMHO... You're probably better off buying a good to great condition used shotgun. I bought a '68 High Standard Flite King (12 gauge pump) and it's become one of my faves to shoot. With this option in mind, the models I would recommend are the Remmy 1100 (80's to early 90's models. Smoothest shotgun I ever owned... my Brother In Law now has it... Long story, don't ask), a Browning A5 (still a leader model and benchmark in semi's), and the Ithica model 51 (Daddy had one in 16 gauge... and it was my field gun as a teen). These were all from the era when you could go into a Sears or Western Auto and buy a quality American made shooter for not a lot of scratch and pass it on with pride...

Anyone else here have a recommendation on old faithful mule shotguns??

Last edited by NC1760; 08-23-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 08-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 234 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Well just seen a Beretta A300 semi auto shotgun for sale around $800 and it is made in America!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

NC1760 Likes This 
Old 08-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #25
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

I will agree with those that say unions and the government are not helping Americans when it comes to jobs or consumerism. Seventy years ago, there were major corporations that were screwing the American worker for profit and the labor unions were a necessary protection to the worker. But as the global economy has adapted and states and the fed have worked harder to protect the worker, labor unions have failed to keep up with the changing economy and have actually caused unemployment. But that does not justify a company going overseas when there are alternatives within the states.

As usual, the government trying to make every company's work force an exact racial match to the surrounding community is laughable. It's not a realistic expectation and does not take into account the education necessary to fill the available jobs. But that is the job of the Fed to take a good idea and legislate it to death

But this doesn't excuse the American consumer. Did anyone write their representatives to ask that these laws be changed? How about signing the "Right to Work" petitions that you see at the mall or online? By tacitly accepting everything that comes down from D.C., we doom ourselves in the long run.

As for the "forced obsolescence" of cars, yes the engines and transmissions have improved, but part of that is car makers being forced to improve mileage and reduce emissions by the Fed. To do this, they just worked the obsolescence into the body and interior by having the interior and body of the car to not be able to last the same 100K! Notice the strong metal bodies and bumpers and the wood-and-metal interiors didn't make it to today's models.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 08-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #26

Liked 801 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 1652

Tek buddy, couldn't agree with you more on that last post. We can also put the NAACP in the same boat as the Unions being an outdated societal dinosaur also. Being a native Southerner going back ump-tenth generations, I can attest to there being a time when that organization was very much needed... But now it seems to be only concerned with self-perpetualization of outdated policies (affirmative action, opposition to "stand your ground" etc. etc.) that hurt more than help their cause of equality and justice for everyone. They don't even take a unified stand against black on black violence or the more racist Jim Crow item still in existence that allows that to happen.... gun control.
The great Dr. King would be ashamed of what has happened to his dream if he were here today.

Anyway... Beretta A300 made in the USA huh ??? Nice looking semi-auto! Wish they made it in 20 gauge; http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-a300-synthetic-12ga-28-mc3/
Looking to get a 20 gauge semi in the next year.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #27
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2235 Times on 1207 Posts
Likes Given: 806

I bought a Mossberg 930 last year that is made in America.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I bought a Mossberg 930 last year that is made in America.
Enjoy! I have an eye open for one myself. What do you think of it as far as fit, function and accuracy? Worth building it in America?

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Hello................

I bought a John Deere lawn mower, It said assembled in the usa...........WTF.............Where's usa.................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 08-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #30

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

The Mossberg 930 or Beretta M-4 if you want to spend $1,500.

Jim