Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Made in America!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Default Made in America!!!

Ok so what are a guys options for a semi-auto shotgun that is made in America? Seems like many of the ones I see are made over seas. Like Browning is Japan, Winchester is Belgium and so forth. On another note, what is up with Winchester I thought they made a majority of firearms here, but looks like only a few?

I am just curious. I know there is Remington but I cannot see to find another semi-auto that is made here. There are many pumps out there, but why so few semi-autos?

This question came about because I was looking at semi-auto rifles and thought hmmm... I do not have a semi-shotgun. I am not really in the market to buy now, but I just found it odd that so many are made overseas.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #2

Liked 120 Times on 91 Posts

I believe Beretta is made in Maryland, but i am not sure if all the parts are. Remington is 100%. Not sure about Mossberg either. They were making at least some barrels in Mexico. It's the New World Order don't you know?

What could have happened... did.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5684 Times on 2815 Posts
Likes Given: 6045

Dont buy Remington, they are about 25 miles from me in upstate NY and they are talking about moving to get away from the safe act. If they do move or NY gives up on stealing our rights, then buy one.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #4

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

Don't buy Remington because they may move out of a ridiculously gun Unfriendly state? Ill take two,,,,,,

Old 08-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #5

Liked 120 Times on 91 Posts

Really. Moving a manufacturing process that is in the process of making stuff is not a simple task. For the small specialty firearms or parts companies it is a heck of a lot simpler. Remington has a major facility up there. Maryland is gun unfriendly as all get out, but Beretta is keeping quiet because of all the political connections next to DC and those very lucrative military contracts. We all have to survive in the real world, such as it is.

What could have happened... did.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 440

So am I limited too Remington and maybe Beretta? That is kind of sad

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 08-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #7

Liked 267 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Is weatherby still made in America?

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 08-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #8

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK97 View Post
Is weatherby still made in America?
No the older ones where made here. The new one are from japan. Its still a nice rifle or shotgun i dont like the fact. I have lost 25 jobs to china and japan over the last 3 years. Sucks to see good work leave my shop.

you pew pew pew lately bro!?

Old 08-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #9

Liked 572 Times on 304 Posts

What ever happened to Mosberg being made in the U.S? They sell every gun with a made in the USA sticker. Or is it assembled in Mexico, or parts made in Mexico and assembled here. If so they need to stop putting stickers on.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #10
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Does everybody believe that American gun companies "sold out" and started manufacturing out of the U.S. for fun?

They did it because of the American consumer!!! Yes, you. And you. And all of you.

No one looks at a Weatherby rifle on a sale rack in a store and says, "Wow, what great quality and craftsmanship! I want to invest in that to hand down to my children and their children." No, heaven forbid we pay for an American to have a job finishing that American Walnut stock. Nope, injection mold cheap plastic so we can knock $50 off of the rifle, otherwise the rifle won't compete in price at the store.

Which store? Well, since Americans don't want a Mom'n'Pop local gun store to sell that rifle for $20 more than a big box store, that big box store beats the manufacturer down on price again, forcing the manufacturer to look for cheaper materials or cheap labor. Why import Japanese steel to pay an American to work it? If the manufacturer has to keep cutting prices to get the Wal-Mart contract, then they can't pay union wages to assemble guns, but Mexico will provide cheap labor!

The American consumer has doomed American manufacturing. By not supporting American made products sold by American companies and making price, not quality or reliability the all-important decision-maker, Americans have forced manufacturers to comply to low prices, and consequently doing whatever it takes to lower those prices, to stay in the market. And No, Wal-Mart is NOT an American company. It's a Chinese outlet store. Wal-Mart suppliers have built an entirely new city in China that wasn't there two decades ago just so they could satisfy Wal-Mart's constant demand to lower prices. Ex-American factories loaded with Chinese workers stamp out the cheapest crap possible to fill Wal-Mart shelves so American consumers can fill their carts.

So No, there is no American-made anything left. It's gone, along with quality, reliability and pride.

And we did it. We voted the American manufacturers out with our dollars, and our inability to understand that you get what you pay for. Now were getting to the point where even guns will be part of the Throw Away Society. We already have throw away cars.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This