Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Looking for a new shotgun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/looking-new-shotgun-75950/)

Otoole 11-08-2012 06:40 PM

Looking for a new shotgun

If you had around $500 what shotgun would you buy. I'm just looking for some suggestions so I can start doing research. It doesn't matter what you do or would use it for.

akers06 11-08-2012 08:23 PM

Either a benelli nova pump, a winchester super x pump or a Stoeger m3000 auto loader

Kemosabe 11-08-2012 09:02 PM

It depends on what you want one for. Are you a hunter, sportsman (clays and skeet), are you wanting one for the range, or are you looking for HD? If you are looking for a multi-purpose gun, I would get a Mossberg or Remington. The reason is they offer a combo package that gives you a shotgun barrel and a rifled barrel. I bought a Mossberg 500 for my needs, plus I can pimp it up with different options. Another bonus for Mossberg is they offer a 10 year warranty on their firearms.

Good luck in your search!

orangello 11-08-2012 09:36 PM

Another Mossberg fan here; for that money, you could pick up a Mossy 500 with a hunting barrel and a shorter security barrel and have some left for ammo.

Ultimate_sig 11-09-2012 06:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Otoole
If you had around $500 what shotgun would you buy. I'm just looking for some suggestions so I can start doing research. It doesn't matter what you do or would use it for.

I love my remy 870 i had to modify it though

Attachment 68830

Attachment 68831

Otoole 11-09-2012 12:50 PM

This will be my first shotgun so I'm looking to get a multi purpose one. I have it down to either mossberg or benelli.

akers06 11-09-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otoole
This will be my first shotgun so I'm looking to get a multi purpose one. I have it down to either mossberg or benelli.

I prefer the benelli but an extra barrel can be very expensive but the mossburg you can get a combo with both barrels for a good price but you have the rattling forearm on a mossburg....will you be deer hunting or other kinds of hunting

orangello 11-09-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otoole (Post 1007631)

My first car was a VW beetle. I think it is better to start out in a new hobby/interest with the more reasonably priced option.

I have never been unsatisfied with my Mossberg; I have used it for deer hunting, dove hunting, but thankfully not yet for home defense. They also offer a black powder barrel you could swap in for old-school fun.

Kemosabe 11-09-2012 03:10 PM

I've read articles about the rattling forearm. It all boiled down to that's the way they are and will not give you any issues. For that matter Mossberg has a 10 year warranty in case anything goes wrong. Seems to me Mossberg is a no-brainer.

akers06 11-09-2012 03:27 PM

The benelli also has a ten year warranty and the rattling forearm isn't bad just annoying...its whatever you like, I like the benelli better but that's just my opinion