Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Looking for info/parts for an old hammer double barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for info/parts for an old hammer double barrel

A friend recently found the barrels and lock for an old double barrel 12 gauge in a barn. It is missing the hammers and entire trigger assembly. I am happy to build a stock for the gun. But I am looking for the parts to complete this firearm. The only writing on the gun is "Genuine Armory Steel" down the right barrel, and "Choke Bored" down the left barrel. There is no other writing other than the serial number on the under side of the fore stock and in the breech.

Any and all information on this firearm would be appreciated and I would really love to fix this piece up and have it shine again. Thanks so much.

Caleb

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8601 Times on 3729 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

First the mandatory admonishment

useless-without-pictures.jpg

Now that THAT is out of the way- have you looked at the water table for markings? Open the shotgun, removing barrels from the action, turn over, and look at the flat part under the breech. You may need oblique lighting, and a magnifier.

Genuine Armory Steel was a mark used by Crescent Firearms, 1893-1930, and also by Meriden Fire Arms, 1905-1915. The phrase doesn't really mean anything except that the barrels are not laminated steel.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 11-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #3

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lane78 View Post
A friend recently found the barrels and lock for an old double barrel 12 gauge in a barn. It is missing the hammers and entire trigger assembly. I am happy to build a stock for the gun. But I am looking for the parts to complete this firearm. The only writing on the gun is "Genuine Armory Steel" down the right barrel, and "Choke Bored" down the left barrel. There is no other writing other than the serial number on the under side of the fore stock and in the breech.

Any and all information on this firearm would be appreciated and I would really love to fix this piece up and have it shine again. Thanks so much.

Caleb
Numrich Gun Parts

Old 11-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

[url=http://www.gunparts.com]

Catfish
Ohio

Old 11-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #5

Liked 76 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I doubt you'll find what you need at Numrich but is worth a look www.e-gunparts.com

I also doubt you'll ever know the maker.

Dixie Gunworks will probably be your best bet for parts. Dixie Gun Works muzzleloading, blackpowder and rare antique gun supplies.

Those barrels are possibly damascus and if it's a breech loader it's probably chambered for 2 1/2 inch shells.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #6

Thanks for the info. And accepting your admonishment, I will try and post some photos soon so that you all can see the subject in question and help me all the more. Thanks again and if you think of anything else, let me know. Photos soon to come...