Let's see your HD/SD Shotgun setups - Page 19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Let's see your HD/SD Shotgun setups

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 11:08 PM   #181
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRL View Post
Almost looks like we're running the same inexpensive Costco flashlight.

Darn thing provides a lot of light for typical shotgun ranges with 3 rechargeable AAA batteries to boot!

Mossberg 930.

Looks like A good setup. Definitely don't think you need a 150 dollar light on a shotgun. Mine with the mount only cost 30 bucks from dicks

Old 04-06-2014, 12:05 AM   #182

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 37

well speaking of HD shotgun setups, i guess i'll tell a story.

so last week i passed out on the couch around 11pm. we live in an apartment right now and we're on the 2nd floor. we had the screened door to our balcony open to let in cold air. our dog starts barking about 230am. (he sounds mean, but if anyone ever actually broke in, he would be the first one to greet them thinking that they were there to pet him). the barking wakes me up in time to hear somebody say "shut up, i've done this lots of times and havent gotten caught". so to me, they were going to break into our house. lol. by this time, my wife has gotten up and i pull our dog into the bedroom with her. grab my shotgun from under my side of the bed and rack it, waiting to blow away whoever tries to get through the door. long story short, it was a couple of drunk asses, but it scared the hell out of me. especially because the first thing i heard was "dont worry, i've never been caught". my thinking was, "well mother f'er, you're about to get caught." and the good news is, i was still able to get my dog in the bedroom with my wife, tell her to STFU and get my shotgun. my mossy holds 7+1, i wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of that.

Remington 700P (suppressed) - .308
Norinco SKS - 7.62x39
Mossberg 500 - 12 ga.
Savage FV64 - .22
Marlin Model 60 - .22 PARTS FOR SALE
EAA Witness P - 9mm
AR15 - 5.56/.223
AR15 SPR - 5.56/.223

Old 04-06-2014, 12:37 AM   #183

Liked 33 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762 View Post
well speaking of HD shotgun setups, i guess i'll tell a story.

so last week i passed out on the couch around 11pm. we live in an apartment right now and we're on the 2nd floor. we had the screened door to our balcony open to let in cold air. our dog starts barking about 230am. (he sounds mean, but if anyone ever actually broke in, he would be the first one to greet them thinking that they were there to pet him). the barking wakes me up in time to hear somebody say "shut up, i've done this lots of times and havent gotten caught". so to me, they were going to break into our house. lol. by this time, my wife has gotten up and i pull our dog into the bedroom with her. grab my shotgun from under my side of the bed and rack it, waiting to blow away whoever tries to get through the door. long story short, it was a couple of drunk asses, but it scared the hell out of me. especially because the first thing i heard was "dont worry, i've never been caught". my thinking was, "well mother f'er, you're about to get caught." and the good news is, i was still able to get my dog in the bedroom with my wife, tell her to STFU and get my shotgun. my mossy holds 7+1, i wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of that.
Ya been in that position a few times!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 04-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #184

Liked 99 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 108

My latest shotgun, hawk 982 with scattergun technologies +1 extension, surefire tac light, protec light mount and blackhawk sling, soon to come is a 4 shell side saddle, goal was to build a robust reliable HD gun for under the price of a base model Mossberg or Remington, think I accomplished it, I am right at $220 ish with this build.

image.jpg  

Last edited by deathkricket; 04-06-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:01 AM   #185

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1396839633.475434.jpg
500 AFG with some side saddle I recently removed it for a HSGI Side Saddle Velcro

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk