Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Laserlyte kryptonite center mass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Laserlyte kryptonite center mass

Anybody have a laserlyte kryptonite center mass laser on your shotgun? Please give me your thoughts and opinions on it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #2

Liked 1955 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 421

Not a huge fan of lasers. If you like them, it seems like decent enough concept.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I personally think the shotgun laser is a really cool concept. That said I have never really been in a situation where I would need one. If I can get a bead on a pheasant flushing out of a bush beside me I'm confident I could hose someone kicking in my door.
If you intend to do a lot of shooting from the hip the laser could be very useful.
Come to think of it, that's the only time I've ever used a laser on a long gun. Shooting a coffee can at 25 yards from the hip with a .25 cal airgun and shooting a can of tannerite at 50 yards from the hip with my AR. Both fun but I wouldn't say they justify the expense.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Last edited by mountainman13; 04-12-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #4

For shooting from the hip I like to use my support hand index finger to point at the target. Between thatn nad having my trigger finger pointing at the target before going to the trigger I get pretty good hits. I still think firing from the shoulder and "aiming" is best.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
For shooting from the hip I like to use my support hand index finger to point at the target. Between thatn nad having my trigger finger pointing at the target before going to the trigger I get pretty good hits. I still think firing from the shoulder and "aiming" is best.
Sounds time a good technique. I'll have to try that some time.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Sounds time a good technique. I'll have to try that some time.
From teh time we are born and want something we learned to point pretty accurately. If somethin is inside 20 yards and between both of your pointer fingers, there is a pretty good hit probability with a shotgun. A Marine Staff Sargent taught me this technique when doing a shotgun qual, where we had to shoot three targets twice each from the hip at 10 yards. Worked pretty well.

Technique worked well from the shoulder looking over the sights of an MP5 or M4 as well. Use the middle finger on the trigger with the pointer finger pointed at the target and the support hand index finger pointed at the atrget as well. This was taught as a CQB and low light technique so that you can still keep a good field of vision.

I'm a Navy Corpsman, but Marines do know their small arms, so I listen to them a lot when they offer to teach me something.

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 04-12-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Very cool.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc

From teh time we are born and want something we learned to point pretty accurately. If somethin is inside 20 yards and between both of your pointer fingers, there is a pretty good hit probability with a shotgun. A Marine Staff Sargent taught me this technique when doing a shotgun qual, where we had to shoot three targets twice each from the hip at 10 yards. Worked pretty well.

Technique worked well from the shoulder looking over the sights of an MP5 or M4 as well. Use the middle finger on the trigger with the pointer finger pointed at the target and the support hand index finger pointed at the atrget as well. This was taught as a CQB and low light technique so that you can still keep a good field of vision.

I'm a Navy Corpsman, but Marines do know their small arms, so I listen to them a lot when they offer to teach me something.
That's a new technique I'm gonna have to try with my sub compact xd9.....thanks for the insight