Some of you who read and commented on my previous thread with the Keltec KGS shotgun might be interested to hear this. Here is the original thread where I vented my frustrations:
This is the email I just received and apparently they did find a few issues with the gun that were hopefully resolved. Unfortunately I will not get the weapon back till after May 3rd due to me leaving the country in the morning for vacation. :thumbsup:
Reading what repairs they did, it makes perfect sense to me with the issues i was having.Hopefully it will shoot very good for me in the future and I will be able to post a positive review of the weapon...
I have personally reviewed your weapon and have done the following reviews / repairs:
· Replaced Barrel Assembly / Honed Barrel and Chamber: There was nothing “wrong” with the other barrel except I saw some cosmetic issues with the Picatinny and Barrel… the dimensions were good though with the barrel. That and if you were having extraction issues, I wanted to keep that system here to review in case we receive any more in the future… just in case.
· Reviewed Bolt: Bolt was good. Polished Bolt Lock as it was on the high tolerance and tight on the inside of the Bolt as the Bolt Lock cams down unlocking the system. This was most likely the issue with the weapon not extracting consistently.
· Grip: Good. No issues.
· Rear Stock: Good. No issues.
· Receiver: Completely rebuilt Receiver. It still has the same serial number and is the same Receiver, but it was rebuilt to ensure it was done correctly. The Receiver was sandblasted and re-parkerized to give it a new look again. New magazine springs / magazine plugs / followers, to ensure the rounds are seating properly—nothing wrong with the old ones, but I’m not going to re-use the old ones here. New Cartridge Stops / Selector / Selector Catch. The issue on Double Feeding also came from the inner cartridge stops (KSG-314 and KSG-315) were sanded to the lower tolerance, so there would be times when they did not work… I saw that too on testing. Those were replaced and the weapon does not Double Feed any more. No issues on anything else there. I did polish the swage / feed ramp area and this is smoother here on loading.
· Re-proofed. New assembly as stated above. Weapon was re-proofed.
· Test fired and Function Tested. I shot 200+ rounds through the weapon and two of our technician each shot 100+ rounds through the weapon. The weapon did not double feed and it extracted every round, including the “more challenging Centurion rounds” from Italy.