Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > KSG Dual-Tube Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
MGH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default KSG Dual-Tube Shotgun

What do the experts think?

Gun's site:
Kel Tec CNC

Gun in action:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #2

Liked 51 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 55

First thing that comes to mind is whip lash.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 382 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 582

I look to have one in my stock shortly after it is released. Lets face it, that's a serious HD room cleaner.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:48 AM   #4

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

This was recently sent out:

Price: 0
Description:
Update 2/16/2011 - Kel-Tec's employee reports on KTOG forums that 3" feeding is a go. "It's official, production KSG's will feed and function with 3" rounds. It was something we were working on, and we got it to work....BTW 3" magnum rounds are NOT FUN AT ALL to shoot, but if you are a masochist, you can shoot 13 in a row with the new KSG's. This means the KSG is now technically a 6+6+1 gun, and the grip will say 3" on the side. It will of course still hold 7+7+1 of 2-3/4" shells. The ejection port had to be opened up some, and the ejector modified, but not much else was changed. I'm sure there will still be info in magazines coming out that may still say that it only feeds 2-3/4" shells, but rest assured, that is old info". Source

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:51 AM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I handled one at the Shot Show and felt it was a little blocky, however the biggest detriment is the safety ... it is backwards of a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500. You push it from the left side to the right to put it on fire and that little difference could get someone killed as it would require some extensive re-training of muscle memory or in a emergency situation you would putting your weapon on safe instead of fire. Did like haveing 14 rounds.

Scubie

Old 03-05-2011, 03:07 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I want one!!!

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 03-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #7
MGH

How do you guys feel about Kel-Tec? I don't know anyone that ones one of their weapons.

I thought it was weird that their first attempt at a Shotgun is something so different.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:49 AM   #8

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have a P3AT. It's okay. I like it because it's small and easily hidden. I also know a bunch of people with various models of Kel-Tec's and everyone seems to be okay with them too.

As far as the KSG, it's a bit early to tell. the concept is pretty neat. I've seen two online places that had pre-orders started for prices around $670. But after a few days, shut down the pre ordering.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:04 AM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Scubie, DrJason and I attended a "demonstration" of the benefits of this weapon system.

I can't speak for either of my viewing partners. They may love the model.

Personally??

I think this is a weapon "solution" looking for a problem to call home.

PLUS: You can load a six pack of two different shell types.

MINUS: In the heat of combat you have a selector switch for two different shell types.

For me? I find the giant lower dual shell tube as a detriment to rapid follow up shots.

It's a pump action, so you have to rack the weapon, which takes time and it's not semi-seamless action that a semi auto brings to the table.

Now take this with a grain of salt. I have what I consider to be the best shotgun for my needs. Period.

While this shotgun is inventive, I don't personally find it as "awesome" as some do. That doesn't take away from what it brings to the table, but I don't personally believe it is as "inventive" as it's being touted as being.

If you buy one, I would LOVE to see a Range Report.

JD

Old 03-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
It's a pump action, so you have to rack the weapon, which takes time and it's not semi-seamless action that a semi auto brings to the table.

Now take this with a grain of salt. I have what I consider to be the best shotgun for my needs. Period.

If you buy one, I would LOVE to see a Range Report.

JD
JD what shotgun might that be? Think my next long gun will be a Shotgun not sure which one tho. I really want a Ithaca m37 if I get a pump. But for a semi im not sure yet...

I would love to see a range report as well! Not to mention handle one just to see what if I would like it or not.

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."