KelTec KSG - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > KelTec KSG

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
molonlabexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 972
Liked 366 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter58 View Post
Attachment 144126

A variety of shells. All worked well. I'm sure I will find something it doesn't like as well t some point.
Ok the 2 to the left (One of the Winchester and I can't think of the name of the clear one) have a low shoulder which many shotguns are finicky with. But you say they are working fine so glad it is working out! Please let me know if you need any help and keep us updated!
__________________
NRA member. Gun owner. From my cold, dead hands...


Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!


I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
molonlabexx is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shooter58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 37
Liked 27 Times on 14 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Ok the 2 to the left (One of the Winchester and I can't think of the name of the clear one) have a low shoulder which many shotguns are finicky with. But you say they are working fine so glad it is working out! Please let me know if you need any help and keep us updated!
Seller & Bellot 00 Buck are the clear ones. I have heard that there has been issue with extraction of low brass bird shot loads. I'm thinking the cheap stuff no doubt. I am very happy with the performance so far and will keep testing and report back.
__________________
shooter58 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shooter58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 37
Liked 27 Times on 14 Posts

Default

Just did some measuring. The S&B are the longest of the 3 types of 00 shells. The Rem and Fed are both a bit shorter with the Fed the shortest. I can still load 7 in each tube with the S&B shells but just barely with no wiggle room. The Federal shells load 7 with a good 1/4" of room left.

__________________
shooter58 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
flglocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 38
Default

I picked up mine about two weeks agoimageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1402074819.052154.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

__________________
flglocks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #25
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
 
Argyle_Armoring's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: OKC
Posts: 897
Liked 361 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Default

A deputy I used to work with bought one last week and sold it 2 days after taking it to the range. He said it kicked like a mule. Much worse than his Remington 870. So I sold him a Mossberg 930 Blackwater edition. I think the KSG is a neat concept but it's not for me. I prefer softer recoiling auto-loading shotguns.

__________________

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Argyle_Armoring is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:35 PM   #26
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 8,042
Liked 3293 Times on 2238 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default KelTec KSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
A deputy I used to work with bought one last week and sold it 2 days after taking it to the range. He said it kicked like a mule. Much worse than his Remington 870. So I sold him a Mossberg 930 Blackwater edition. I think the KSG is a neat concept but it's not for me. I prefer softer recoiling auto-loading shotguns.

How is that Variant if the 930? I love a lot of K-T's Concepts. I don't like the Lack of available models or the 3 to 4X of the list price ongoing. When vendors are doubling the list , forcing LGS's to go 2.5X the MSRP and more, I have to walk away, as much as I want a PMR30...


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 06-06-2014 at 07:47 PM.
DrFootball is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #27
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
 
Argyle_Armoring's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: OKC
Posts: 897
Liked 361 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
How is that Variant if the 930? I love a lot of K-T's Concepts. I don't like the Lack of available models or the 3 to 4X of the list price ongoing. When vendors are doubling the list , forcing LGS's to go 2.5X the MSRP and more, I have to walk away, as much as I want a PMR30...


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
It's a great shotgun. I prefer the SPX with standard buttstock but my buddy has the Sig 1911 Blackwater and I recommended the 930 Blackwater to match. I think the 930's are smoother, faster, and much softer recoiling than the KSG or Remington 870.
__________________

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Argyle_Armoring is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,718
Liked 1871 Times on 1281 Posts
Likes Given: 691

Default

I prefer a Maverick or Mossberg. The Kel Tec is a novel concept. I want a real, full stock gun when I shoot a 12 ga. I don't care if it is a semi or a pump. I need a full sight plane. I need a full stock I can use for a club or block a door being slammed/opened in my face.

__________________

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato


Last edited by John_Deer; 06-06-2014 at 08:22 PM.
John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #29
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
 
Argyle_Armoring's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: OKC
Posts: 897
Liked 361 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I prefer a Maverick or Mossberg. The Kel Tec is a novel concept. I want a real, full stock gun when I shoot a 12 ga. I don't care if it is a semi or a pump. I need a full sight plane. I need a full stock I can use for a club or block a door being slammed/opened in my face.
Hence you need a Mossberg 930 with 18.5" barrel and 7+1 shells.
__________________

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Argyle_Armoring is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:33 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
shooter58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 37
Liked 27 Times on 14 Posts

Default

I also have a 930 SPX with standard but stock. Awesome shotgun. I too felt that the KSG kicked hard but realized that because of the short length, I tended not to hold it tight against my shoulder. Once I adjusted I find it kicks as any 12ga would. I now may sell the 930 as the KSG is my shotgun of choice.

__________________
shooter58 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Did a little mod to my Keltec stag1 General Handgun Discussion 13 02-27-2012 01:01 AM
KelTec PMR 30 VS FN 5-7 ROENIGK Semi-Auto Handguns 6 01-18-2012 04:15 PM
keltec pf 9 vinnytombs Semi-Auto Handguns 20 01-12-2012 03:02 AM
I have a KelTec PMR-30!! Anyone else? BobNotBoob Semi-Auto Handguns 2 02-23-2011 07:37 PM
Keltec SU-16 .223? handgunpalooza General Handgun Discussion 1 05-08-2007 09:58 PM