Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > KelTec KSG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 166 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 16

shooter58, was at Rio Salado, north of Phoenix, between 8-10 yesterday morning.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:33 AM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 14 Posts

Default KelTec KSG

I have over 100 rounds through it. Not one hit my wrist. I'm saying its a training issue if anyone is getting wrist impact from ejected shells. Not a single malfunction so far. On close inspection of the action, I can see that if the slide is not stroked with authority, there could be a problem. The last 1/4" of slide travel is nessesary for full function. A front vertical Magpul grip seems to make it easier to get a full stroke on the slide. Like I said. Not a single issue. It has now taken the home defend role for me. Even my wife has had no issues as I gave her a quick 5 min orientation to the function requirements before her first shoot.

Last edited by shooter58; 05-20-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
Both the KSG and the UTS 15 caught my interest but I have yet to see either in person. What didn't you like about the UTS 15? Just curious.

I like the KSG better for a couple of reasons. It's physically smaller and shorter. It's also much easier to top up the mags on the fly (much like a conventional pump) as compared to the unusual method of loading the UTS and I just liked the looks of the KSG better. Totally personal preference. Both are pretty cool rides.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Um yes can we have a picture of your wrist. First 10 ejections completely broke the skin on Mac's wrist. He gave it a bad review. Now the UTS 15 is a terrible gun (I have done my research and have personal experience with it). Mixed reviews with the KSG, but I am going to hold off until they fix all the flaws. Bud all I can say is if you are using that firearm for defense, you better run damn plenty of rounds through there, as with any SD firearm, to see if it's 100% functioning.

It's a gun that needs to be run correctly with just a bit of training. I don't think mine is any better than the ones others have tested. Just need to be aware of how it functions. Full strokes all the way back will produce flawless function. Point the elbow of the trigger hand out a bit and don't tuck it in and you will see that the shells will not hit your wrist.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:55 AM   #15

As someone pointed out, if you buy one and are not comfortable or able to run it properly then I also would caution against using it as primary defense. But once mastered, you too will be hooked on it.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #16
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3002 Times on 2041 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Default KelTec KSG

Looks cool, also looks too heavy. Saw vids of both Guns. I think I'll stick with a semi-auto, and wait for a drum to come out on the mag fed. Ones...held the KSG at SHOT, was more interested in hounding them for a a Sub-2000 and a PMR-30..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

eatmydust Likes This 
Old 05-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #17

The gun itself is not heavy compared to your typical 12ga. What gets heavy is all that ammo.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
Both the KSG and the UTS 15 caught my interest but I have yet to see either in person. What didn't you like about the UTS 15? Just curious.
The UTS 15 shouldn't even be called a gun... It is a piece of plastic rubbish, and the 1% of metal that's in the gun is cheap steel and rusts. The dual magazine tubes have a 1/4" gap, allowing drit and moisture to get in there. Not to mention that FPSRUSSIA (just using him as an example that's not the only youtuber that has had problems [nutnfancy]) went through three of them within one hour. The UTS 15 is garbage.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 05-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter58 View Post
It's a gun that needs to be run correctly with just a bit of training. I don't think mine is any better than the ones others have tested. Just need to be aware of how it functions. Full strokes all the way back will produce flawless function. Point the elbow of the trigger hand out a bit and don't tuck it in and you will see that the shells will not hit your wrist.
What kind of ammo are you running through them? The federal stuff that has barely and brass or something like Remington that has a long jacket of brass near the back of the shell. I think this is one of the most common issues with ANY shotgun action is the fact that shells like federal don't give the gun enough slip to properly handle the shell.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 05-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #20

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1400619169.390773.jpg

A variety of shells. All worked well. I'm sure I will find something it doesn't like as well t some point.