Kel-Tec KSG
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Kel-Tec KSG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Default Kel-Tec KSG

Anyone excited for this new shotgun? I am....one tube filled with slugs the other filled with buckshot.

14+1 Shotgun in a sawed off sized package for less than 880 with all the standard rails you really need?

I'm sold.

Last edited by JiroZero713; 01-26-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Id be down if the price is right and the quality is there.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #3

As long as they fix the problems they've been having with the trigger.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I emailed Kel-Tec a suggestion a few days ago about a system that switches the tubes automatically when one runs dry, while still keeping the manual switching ability mid-magazine. They fowarded the email to the engineering department but haven't got a reply other than them telling me that. We'll see if they like the idea.

What kind of problems were they having with the trigger?

Old 01-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7224 Times on 3843 Posts
Likes Given: 555

looks clumsy to me. also looked like it wa having cycling issues. no replacement for a mossberg590.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

I haven't heard anything about the trigger.

And on the 590 comment I'd say it does replace it due to it's compactness. At least for me.

Those Shotguns while good are front heavy. With the way the tubes are oriented it seems the center of gravity might work to your advantage with the new KSG

Last edited by JiroZero713; 01-29-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7224 Times on 3843 Posts
Likes Given: 555

it looked like those guys in the vids were having a lot of difficulty cycling it.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #8

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

When the guy emptied the first tube, and dropped the hammer on an empty chamber, he then had to cycle a switch to the second tube, and press the release switch to load the round and cock the hammer. That seems a little clumsy. So really it is 2 7-round shotguns with a long period in between tubes. I had some sort of idea that it would switch tubes automatically.

John Browning, where are you? He would have come up with a mechanism that would switch tubes upon the last shell in either tube.

When a higher end manufacturer comes to the table with a double-mag-tube shotgun, it will have that feature.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 01-31-2011, 12:46 AM   #9

It appears that if you fire the weapon and keep the trigger pulled as you cycle the slide forward the trigger does not reset.

Kel-Tec KSG Shotgun video Gun Nuts Media

I don't know that as a fact my self, I haven't yet had a chance to handle the weapon.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:08 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
When the guy emptied the first tube, and dropped the hammer on an empty chamber, he then had to cycle a switch to the second tube, and press the release switch to load the round and cock the hammer. That seems a little clumsy. So really it is 2 7-round shotguns with a long period in between tubes. I had some sort of idea that it would switch tubes automatically.

John Browning, where are you? He would have come up with a mechanism that would switch tubes upon the last shell in either tube.

When a higher end manufacturer comes to the table with a double-mag-tube shotgun, it will have that feature.
I believe that's what everyone thought at first, I know I did. So I figured why not email them and give them an idea of how to do it. Not sure how they missed that being a good feature during the conception of the gun but hopefully they'll incorperate it.

From what I understand the gun isnt due out until the last quarter of this year. So that should be enough time to fix the trigger issue. Not sure if its enough time to incorperate a feature to switch magazine tubes automatically, but we can always hope, right?