Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Kel-Tec KSG 15 rd Shotgun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/kel-tec-ksg-15-rd-shotgun-55104/)

PanBaccha 01-09-2012 01:43 PM

Kel-Tec KSG 15 rd Shotgun

Anyone experienced the Kel-Tec KSG 15 rd Shotgun?
Narrowed my choice down to this. Thinking of getting one.
Would like to know your opinions on it, if any.

safedman 01-09-2012 07:51 PM

Only Kel Tecs that have been shipped were and are for testing pourposes. Non are out for sale yet. Company is taking the results of all the different companies info after testing and completing the required changes. No news when they will be available. I am as you, looking for a Bullpup stocked 12, looked at the Remington 870 after market Bullpup and the Saiga 12 aftermarket. I like this one and will grab one when they are available. You can go to the Kel Tec site and read the up-date explaining that none are for sale yet.
Hope this helps and let me know what you think if you get one before I do and I will reciprocate!
Aim small miss small
Info taken off the Kel Tec site 1/8/2012

PanBaccha 01-09-2012 09:33 PM

Thanks for the info Safedman! I too will keep a look-out for its release.

sweeper22 01-09-2012 09:39 PM

I've only seen them on video. Interesting concept. But the actions haven't exactly looked smooth and I'd probably opt for a nice (and proven) semiauto shotgun like a Benelli M2 or FN SLP for similar or slightly more money. The Saigas are another good option.

It's a promising gun, but I'd imagine it'll evolve a bit over the next few years as there will be kinks to work out.

firedawg60 01-09-2012 09:41 PM

I got to fondle one at a gun show a few months ago. A little different but a neat concept. It fit me better than I thought it would from the pics that I had seen before that.

TekST165 01-10-2012 12:23 AM

I will say that there are a few up for sale on gunbroker, that are outside of the box and not using the stock photos (safedman is right about what the keltec website says, but that post has been up for several months, so they might have shipped a few).....but they are double the msrp. $1600+ is a lot to pay for a 12gauge. I wanted one too, but i ended up picking up a used mossberg 590 9 shot. For $300 im not gonna complain.

gmaster456 01-10-2012 10:40 PM

Might be nice to keep in a vehicle or something.

Cattledog 01-10-2012 10:49 PM

It'd be great for home defense bein so short and having the ability to switch between two separate mags at will. Last I saw, there are still some mechanical kinks to work out. I'll be interested to see how they're received....if anyone can get one. Kel-tec has serious production schedule issues. Going on two years now where most of their product line is backordered.

safedman 01-11-2012 10:53 AM

Tec is correct. just saw one for sale for $1500. I am getting a Rem 870 and buying the bullpup conversion ;). Be out of it for less than $700 :mad:. The demand has driven the cost massivly above what the KSg is worth. When they can not sell one the price will drop.....demand will drive the bus.

TekST165 01-12-2012 02:36 AM

Either thier production problems are huge, or they are intentionally driving prices up. wouldnt be the first time that has happened. Even so $1500 to 1700 for a pump action....retarded!

Lol i would be happy if anyone came out with a top loading shotgun, like in halo. Yeah im a dork, but the idea of a top loading shotgun for combat purposes has a lot of merit.