just picked it up

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > just picked it up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default just picked it up

I just picked up a Sears and Roebuck semi-auto shotgun chambered for 2 3/4in 20 gauge shells, the barrel needs to re blued and its missing the front bead sight,I bought it off my dads friend for 30 bucks, can anyone give me any info on the gun such as reliability and accuracy, any info would help, thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-14-2009, 04:16 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9148 Times on 3950 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

Well, Mike- there were only a couple of HUNDRED different model shotguns sold by Sears! You could start by posting ALL the markings on your shotgun. For starters, does it say JC Higgins or Ted Williams? If you have a model number, I can maybe cross reference it to the maker and their original model number.

Sears has not actually MADE shotguns for about 85 years- they are made by someone else, with Sears name on them. For instance, I have a Sears JC Higgins Model 20 and a 21. They are High Standard Flite Kings- one a 12, other a 20.

Accuracy with a shotgun is a relative question- they shoot a pattern of shot. The bead front sight should be replaceable by any gunsmith for a few bucks. You may want to google search Blue Wonder for a DIY blue touch up. Bottom line- if it shoots at all, you got a good deal.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.