Just picked up an 11-87P for the house
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Just picked up an 11-87P for the house

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Just picked up an 11-87P for the house

Went to the shop to get a nice shotty for HD and maybe to crack some trap/clays for practice. I was between a pump and a semi-auto for some time, but decided if I want my wife to shoot it more than once, the recoil "absorbing" of the semi would be beneficial. Not to mention, the semi will work better for trap and clays if I choose to use it until I can get a nice shiney O/U.

They had a trade in 11-87P (police parkerized), they took on trade-in. It has the extension tube, side saddle(6shell), and pistol grip with 4 shell capacity for a total capacity of 17 shells on-board (6+1, and 10 on deck.)

It's a little more tacticool than I wanted, but I like it. I hope to get a ribbed barrel and maybe a regular stock, so I can take it to the trap field and look semi-normal.

Pictures to come.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations. The 11-87 is a great shotgun.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-23-2010, 05:14 AM   #3

GOOD JOB....I have a 11-87 premier light contour and have run thousands of rounds through it without a failure. It will digest everything from light loads to a heavy 3" mag with no problems. DO THIS.....get you and extra gas seal. After several cleanings they tend to decay and you will eventually tear it when you put the barrel back on. They are no more than $10.00 or so and should last for 10 or twelve cleanings.

NRA Member
Sustaining Member Southern Poverty Law Center
"Lighten Up Francis"
Semper gero sub gero

Old 10-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #4

Thanks. So far it just looks nice. A couple of employees were upset it was selling. It was only out on the floor for a few hours before I bought it.

Thanks for the tip! It's nice to have the spare parts on hand.

Sean

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Old 10-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #5

The correct term is O-RING...sorry. It seals gas and is an O-RING. Brownells sells them.

NRA Member
Sustaining Member Southern Poverty Law Center
"Lighten Up Francis"
Semper gero sub gero

Old 10-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556plinker View Post
The correct term is O-RING...sorry. It seals gas and is an O-RING. Brownells sells them.
Thanks! Just ordered a pack of 6. And while I was there, a 28" barrel for some sport shooting

Old 10-28-2010, 01:43 AM   #7

Here she is with my M&P 40c