I've searched lots, but need expert advice - NEW SHOTGUN - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > I've searched lots, but need expert advice - NEW SHOTGUN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

always this option
The Maverick HS12 by Mossberg. A tactical over and under shotgun!

If you outlaw guns then only outlaws have guns.

Last edited by PowerViolence; 10-08-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #22

Liked 164 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerViolence View Post

always this option
I actually like that maverick better than the stoeger I posted,it looks more correct,I looked them up around here and they're about $400.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 10-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
I actually like that maverick better than the stoeger I posted,it looks more correct,I looked them up around here and they're about $400.
Can you buy those from factory in the tactical set up? I'm not sure.

If you outlaw guns then only outlaws have guns.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:27 AM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21302 Times on 12086 Posts
Likes Given: 53070

my suggestion is the mossberg 500 or the maverick 88. either one is capable of getting the job done loaded with 00 or #4 buckshot. or even the winchester SXP defender, which is a very good shotgun. i have the winchester SXP and the maverick 88, and both are good reliable shotguns.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:41 AM   #25

Liked 61 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default general purpose shot gun

Today Im going to play the devils advocate somewhat.

I dont agree in purchasing a specific firearm expressly for Man Killing.

I do agree you have the right to defend life and property

I suggest securing your guns while away at work, Mr. DA may try to come after you as a accessory to a latter crime later committed by said wayward guns, or least try some sort of hail mary charges thrown at ya to see what sticks (they love throwing weight around during election year)
May check to see if your neighborhood housing assn has any covanants in particular involving owning/storing and firing firarms, esp shooting fellow citizens, you could be forced to sell your home and move.

I'd shy away from slugs and buckshot, you need a good sight picture, at night you dont have that, besides they blow the hell outta stuff that you have to pay to fix later, like sombodys (to be nameless) 2010 Dodge 2500 truck quarter panel and tail gate ($3500 to fix). bird shot may knock off tree bark and stiple the neighbors trailer house siding (vet bill $438.23).

When your spending money you dont have for a Lawyer you should never need you can only afford the suckey ones, your sitting there in them flashey orange Jail jammies & comfy Bundy braclets at the defendants table, Mr.DA is going to be grilling your butt for First Degree Manslaughter and he hoists up Your evil looking black shotgun with all sorts of man killing Ahcooterments hanging off of it you just imagine them school teachers and healtcare workers in the Jury will sit up and take notice, figuring you were a Blood Thursty loose cannon spoiling to kill sombody sooner or later, The DA just might make it stick if he spins it rite so if you are into Military stuff and decorate your house with flags of folks that lost some wars, you can bet dollars to dougnuts the cops are gonna photograph everything & Jury will see all that, that doobie that Aunt Edna dropped in the sopha from the christmas party 3 years ago is gonna be evidence, the saw'd off shot gun cousin eddie left at your house will be tagged as evidence too, your Ray Hibbon knife collection will be on display all screwd around to make you look bad to the jury.

Now if Mr. DA hoists up this blond stocked 20gage boltaction and some mis matched bird shot ctgs kept in a cigar box, your house is clean and tidy and not giving off the Road Warrior survivor loonie vibe he may have a hard time selling the idea your a Crazy blood lusting menace to society.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/truth-stranger-than-fiction-49754/#post600293
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/what-states-lowest-highest-amount-gun-control-48234/

wm_md_2971743.jpg   52133.jpg  

Last edited by Rex in OTZ; 10-13-2011 at 03:39 AM.