I'm looking for THE CHEAPEST home defense pump shotgun. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > I'm looking for THE CHEAPEST home defense pump shotgun.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 02:07 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

After posting my opinion yesterday on this thread I went down today and picked up a Maverick 88 with 28 inch vent rib barrel and hard gun case for 249.99 (I am in Canada). I just finished polishing the lifter and now its as smooth as I need it to be. It will be a backup shotty for hunting (as I already have the winchester 1300 Defender)

-Dave

Old 08-21-2010, 02:13 AM   #22

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemccarthy707 View Post
After posting my opinion yesterday on this thread I went down today and picked up a Maverick 88 with 28 inch vent rib barrel and hard gun case for 249.99 (I am in Canada). I just finished polishing the lifter and now its as smooth as I need it to be. It will be a backup shotty for hunting (as I already have the winchester 1300 Defender)

-Dave
Now there's a man as good as his word, not only recommends it but goes and buys one for himself, based on his own recommendation no doubt.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-21-2010, 03:12 AM   #23

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemccarthy707 View Post

-Dave
Hahahaha.... I do the same thing all the time. Hilarious. Glad I'm not the only one.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-21-2010, 03:43 AM   #24

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

I was sitting around today and was like "why don't I have an old beater or backup shotty?". After replying to this thread last nite I got thinking so I went and picked one up. In all honesty nobody really needs any more than the Maverick 88 offers. 3 inch chamber, vent rib, steel shot compatible, and screw in chokes. However you can never have enough guns

Old 08-21-2010, 04:59 AM   #25

[QUOTE=canebrake;333036]Mossberg 50516 12ga 18"Bl With PG Kit $279.00 SHIPS FREE

Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12g 20" 8rnd CB PG $315.00 SHIPS FREE

wondering ? if i could putt a black standard stock, on the mossy cruiser ?

interesting.

i have an old wooden stocked mossy 500, but wouldn't mind a newer one.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
I have the Mossy 50516 posted above...bead sight is fine at HD distances, just point and shoot, the shell and barrel do the rest.

now thats what im talkin about.

guess i shoulda read the whole thread ? lol.

peabody

300 bucks ya say ?

Old 08-21-2010, 05:11 AM   #27

[quote=peabody;335811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Mossberg 50516 12ga 18"Bl With PG Kit $279.00 SHIPS FREE

Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12g 20" 8rnd CB PG $315.00 SHIPS FREE

wondering ? if i could putt a black standard stock, on the mossy cruiser ?

interesting.

i have an old wooden stocked mossy 500, but wouldn't mind a newer one.
Sure but why bother...Mossy sells the same 7+1 shotty with a standard stock and they throw in the PG to boot. The model 50516 linked above is a 6+1 without the corncob foregrip.

Mossberg 50579 500SP 12 20 CB 8SH SYN PGK $315.00 SHIPS FREE
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-21-2010, 05:18 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
now thats what im talkin about.

guess i shoulda read the whole thread ? lol.

peabody

300 bucks ya say ?
yep...$289 out the door...

Old 08-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #29

thanks guys

i dont suppose ? you computer guru's could find the link, for just a ''standard'' 24 or 26 inch barreled mossy ?

wood or black stock would be fine.

my old mossy was passed on to me, its pretty old ? and no telling how many rounds been fired through it,

peabody

Old 08-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post

thanks guys

i dont suppose ? you computer guru's could find the link, for just a ''standard'' 24 or 26 inch barreled mossy ?

wood or black stock would be fine.

my old mossy was passed on to me, its pretty old ? and no telling how many rounds been fired through it,

peabody
Mossberg Shotguns

Here a link to Buds...have fun.