is it illegal? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > is it illegal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2066 Times on 1223 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
full stock with a pistol grip IS the way i'm going. my barrel is 18.5, so o problems there.

i have shot a shotty with only pistol grip, and from my perspective, it is difficult.

i was thinking full stock with pistol grip and a forward vertical grip. from your experience on swat, does this sound useful? (for busting up bottles and clays ), or less likely, self defense.
I have never shot 'clays' with a 'defence' gun (stock with pistol grip) so I can't say how that would work.
But I can tell you that many turkey hunter prefer the full stock with a pistol grip for the same reason I do on a defence gun, you can control it with one hand much better, and the point is more natural if you are a hand gunner.
As far as the pistol grip forend, I have very little experience with it, but the limited experience I do have has been positive.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

hawkguy Likes This 
Old 01-27-2013, 02:57 AM   #62

Liked 3136 Times on 1872 Posts
Likes Given: 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I have never shot 'clays' with a 'defence' gun (stock with pistol grip) so I can't say how that would work.
But I can tell you that many turkey hunter prefer the full stock with a pistol grip for the same reason I do on a defence gun, you can control it with one hand much better, and the point is more natural if you are a hand gunner.
As far as the pistol grip forend, I have very little experience with it, but the limited experience I do have has been positive.
lmao! guess that does sound strange, but one range i go to has a shotgun "patterning" area....which basically means a place to shoot shotguns when you are not shooting skeet. there is a big hill to stop the shot, and we set up clays on the hill and pop em real quick.

got my pistol grip stock on a couple of days ago. it is kinda fugly, but i can tell already it is going to be so much better to shoot. it feels really good. i have to make some adaptions to get the forward rail on, so it might be awhile before i can think about that forward grip.

thanks for your help, glad to hear from someone with your experience.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #63

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimion423 View Post
Like this? I've since removed the chainsaw grip but they sell and make it.
I like that barrel
I would like put it on mine there just hard to find wright now

Old 01-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #64

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I have a Mossberg 500 that came from the factory with both a butt stock and a rear pistol grip. I also have MB 500 Persuader with pistol grips on both ends and both are legal in the state of Florida. As for the smooth bore only is wrong, I have a Remington 870 with the optional rifled slug barrel from the factory and it is perfectly legal. I also have Serbu Super Shorty 12 ga, 3 shot 16.5" overall length, 6.5" barrel with PG's on both ends built from a Remington 870 12 gauge, But this did require the ATF $5 tax stamp plus a long wait for the approval.

I would also like to comment about the PG only gun being hard to shoot. First it is a point and shoot weapon. Second it takes practice to become familiar with this type weapon. Thirdly, it is designed for short range.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by chuckusaret; 01-27-2013 at 08:18 AM.