id if possible - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > id if possible

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 11:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default shotgun pictures

007.jpg
Here's the pictures I hope again

Old 08-24-2011, 02:29 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10542 Times on 4552 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

M'Lord, I regret that is a photo of a handsome young colleen in a scout uniform. You must select the photo from your pictures file, OPEN it, then UPLOAD it. You can go back to your posting, EDIT, and delete it, and try again.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:55 PM   #13

Default shotgun

[shotgun-2-003.jpg][ATTACH]shotgun-2-004.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
I hope this is the lucky time. The only other mark is a small triangle maybe arrow where the barrel meets the hammer picture 7.
shotgun-2-007.jpg   shotgun-2-006.jpg   shotgun-2-005.jpg  

Old 08-27-2011, 06:07 AM   #14
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1464 Times on 771 Posts
Likes Given: 634

LordByron, I'm agreeing with the others here in that this is most certainly of European manufacture, but it might have been done during a period when marking or stamping the guns was not of the same import as it is now. This might predate WW I when there were many fewer gun makers and guessing who made something like this would have been fairly easy. After WW I and especially WW II, European and American economies boomed and anyone with $500 and an idea could start their own company, which is why testing and certification of high-pressure dangerous devices like firearms became more prevalent and they were marked by their manufacturers, testers, certifying agencies and the like.

Many of the older firearms companies that do not currently exist were absorbed by newer companies looking to grow. So unless it's Beretta or some other ancient manufacturer, it might become a real problem with no markings.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #15

Default Grandfather's shotgun

Thank everyone for your replies. I still will never know where my Grandfather got the gun from. He wasn't in the milatary that I ever heard of. He was a preach who worked on people's houses to earn money. The gun might have been a trade for during some work. Thank you again.

Newest Threads