I love this picture - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > I love this picture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 51 Times on 38 Posts

My only wish is that the first move is on her meaning her decision I have taught them to be headstrong and make their own decisions, And then live by them

Old 03-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #22

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

I have 2 girls a 22 month old and a 3 year old so I.have a ways to go before I have to deal with boys but I just hope their mother and I can teach them good enough morals and I can put on a good enough example to where they find a good boy and yes I don't care how good of a boy he is I will make it known that I have a lot of guns and I know how to use all of them very well

Old 03-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #23

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
LOL....Love the tough guy dad routine. You guys must not remember when you were 17. Shotgun does not scare away horny teenage boys. Just makes them figure out a different way in. They will drag their sack thru broken glass to get to your daughters... And its usually not them you need to worry about. Boys are fairly predictable...girls are the instigators.
she speaks the truth! I know...being that I was once a teenage boy... I was not afraid of dads. even the ones with guns! haha.

were any of you guys actually afraid of girls' dads while growing up? or is that a case of "times were different back then..we didn't hold hands or kiss until after the weddin' was finished"

Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

No warning shots are fired here

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
she speaks the truth! I know...being that I was once a teenage boy... I was not afraid of dads. even the ones with guns! haha.

were any of you guys actually afraid of girls' dads while growing up? or is that a case of "times were different back then..we didn't hold hands or kiss until after the weddin' was finished"
Hell ya. My father-in-law threatened to kill me if I lived in sin with his daughter. He is retired army and claimed he was SF. I proposed shortly after and got married a year later . That was 19 years ago, and I still tease him about it.
I tease my oldest girl that she can date after I die. The weird look she gave me made me to start to wonder if I should sleep with one eye open. I do feel she can protect herself, she shoots straight and practices Iaido with me and my boy.

Last edited by Jagermeister; 03-12-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #26

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
LOL....Love the tough guy dad routine. You guys must not remember when you were 17. Shotgun does not scare away horny teenage boys. Just makes them figure out a different way in. They will drag their sack thru broken glass to get to your daughters... And its usually not them you need to worry about. Boys are fairly predictable...girls are the instigators.
I beg to differ....I do remember being 17 and sure I did take some risks but I am still alive. I didn't go too far out of my way to tick off any Dads.

I have a daughter now and I have had "the talk" with a few of her teen age wanna be boyfriends. The fun part is when they don't take it too serious and my daughter would say "Oh yeah, he will hurt you, Didn't you hear about.....never mind." She always did have my sense of humor though. THat wide eyed stare when they bit the hook always did amuse me.

Honestly though have been extremely lucky. My daughter has made things very easy on me. She made a plan and she refuses to step off that path. she's 22 now and I'm not a grandfather.....yet. I got her a Sig P226 for her 21st birthday. she loves to shoot with me and likes to post Facebook pics. Says it keeps the boys honest...heh

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #27

Liked 4820 Times on 2335 Posts
Likes Given: 1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
I'm convinced fathers approaching midlife hold the secret to success for us younger bucks... of course you'll never tell...
God Damn Right we WONT!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #28

Liked 4820 Times on 2335 Posts
Likes Given: 1503

I know I've shared this before but it's too good to not mention everytime a thread like this pop us.

So... a while back, my then 15 year old daughter had a boyfriend and had asked me to take them shooting. I was working on the road at the time and told her sure, as soon as my "out of town" job was done, I'd make time.

So about 2 weeks later, on a Sunday, her boyfriend is over visiting her, there all in the house with my wife and I'm puttering at my gun bench with my safe standing open when the two of them bounce out into the garage and my daughter asks again about shooting.

As I'm telling her, yes dear, as soon as I can, I notice her boyfriend staring into my safe with his mouth hanging open and his eyes BUGGING OUT!

He notices me looking at him, snaps his mouth shut, and says... "Mr. Tack... you sure do have ALOT of guns!"...

To which I reply... "Yep... now look over your right shoulder"...(this is where my yard tools hang)... and said... "I've got a lot of shovels too boy."

Could not have planned it any better if I tried...

Tack

Old 03-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #29

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleberry1 View Post
i know i've shared this before but it's too good to not mention everytime a thread like this pop us.

So... A while back, my then 15 year old daughter had a boyfriend and had asked me to take them shooting. I was working on the road at the time and told her sure, as soon as my "out of town" job was done, i'd make time.

So about 2 weeks later, on a sunday, her boyfriend is over visiting her, there all in the house with my wife and i'm puttering at my gun bench with my safe standing open when the two of them bounce out into the garage and my daughter asks again about shooting.

As i'm telling her, yes dear, as soon as i can, i notice her boyfriend staring into my safe with his mouth hanging open and his eyes bugging Out!

He notices me looking at him, snaps his mouth shut, and says... "mr. Tack... You sure do have alot of guns!"...

To which i reply... "yep... Now look over your right shoulder"...(this is where my yard tools hang)... And said... "i've got a lot of shovels too boy."

could not have planned it any better if i tried... :d

tack
haahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #30

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I know I've shared this before but it's too good to not mention everytime a thread like this pop us.

So... a while back, my then 15 year old daughter had a boyfriend and had asked me to take them shooting. I was working on the road at the time and told her sure, as soon as my "out of town" job was done, I'd make time.

So about 2 weeks later, on a Sunday, her boyfriend is over visiting her, there all in the house with my wife and I'm puttering at my gun bench with my safe standing open when the two of them bounce out into the garage and my daughter asks again about shooting.

As I'm telling her, yes dear, as soon as I can, I notice her boyfriend staring into my safe with his mouth hanging open and his eyes BUGGING OUT!

He notices me looking at him, snaps his mouth shut, and says... "Mr. Tack... you sure do have ALOT of guns!"...

To which I reply... "Yep... now look over your right shoulder"...(this is where my yard tools hang)... and said... "I've got a lot of shovels too boy."

Could not have planned it any better if I tried...

Tack
Defenitly a great post. Like posted before my two girls turned 3 today and I know it will happen sooner or later. I just hope I only have to do it once, and the rest will follow.