Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > I love this picture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 02:21 AM   #11
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 556 Times on 270 Posts
Likes Given: 287

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
LOL....Love the tough guy dad routine. You guys must not remember when you were 17. Shotgun does not scare away horny teenage boys. Just makes them figure out a different way in. They will drag their sack thru broken glass to get to your daughters... And its usually not them you need to worry about. Boys are fairly predictable...girls are the instigators.
I knew someone like that back a while ago! Still a fond memory, and you are correct boys are very predictable, I know I'm the farther of 3 daughters and one son. I can say with no equivocation boys are much easier to raise!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:28 AM   #12

Liked 740 Times on 434 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
My daughter will be on house arrest till she is 65 for those very reasons! seriously I guess you just do the best job raising them you can and hope they make decent choices..
You got it right, teach them to make good decisions is the best you can do because you cant be there to protect them everywhere , all the time. Another thing you need know...she is watching you..and how YOU treat mom/what kind of man YOU are . The best thing you can do is set the example for what a good man is, thats what she will look for in her man.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 03-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #13

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl

You got it right, teach them to make good decisions is the best you can do because you cant be there to protect them everywhere , all the time. Another thing you need know...she is watching you..and how YOU treat mom/what kind of man YOU are . The best thing you can do is set the example for what a good man is, thats what she will look for in her man.
Truth.. I can not count how many times I've received this exact advise.. thank you

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:11 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl

Great advice! I raised three girls and survived. My father was worse than me. He would make the boy give him his driver's license and write the info down, along with the plate numbers. Then tell them if she was't home on time, he was calling the cops out to get them. Lol!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:27 AM   #15

Liked 70 Times on 58 Posts

I'll probably be like that with my sisters. Guy shows up and my dad and I will be sitting in recliners cleaning guns. Haha

Old 03-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #16

Liked 70 Times on 58 Posts

Now that I think of it I'll probably have to deal with something like this sooner or later. Oh well, I'll just start talking about guns with him I guess.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #17

Liked 179 Times on 134 Posts

My girlfriend gets mad because her father an I get along so well lol. We have similar interests, including guns and I respect him in his home so there's no conflict between us. We could b.s. around a cold beer all day. I hope one day if I have daughters they pick a guy I can get along with. It's hard to date when you don't get along with the father

Old 03-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #18

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

I'm convinced fathers approaching midlife hold the secret to success for us younger bucks... of course you'll never tell...

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 03-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #19

Liked 270 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Daughter bought her 1st boyfriend home years ago and it just so happened I was cleaning my 30/06 at the same time they both walked through the door.
The look on the kid's face was priceless as he looked at me and then the 30/06.

He sort of smiled at me nervously and asked if I did much shooting and I said that I did a lot and that with this rifle I could hit things at 300yds and left it at that.
They didn't last long after that and the daughter told me later that he was s^&t scared of me because he thought I was going to shoot him.
Jeeez I love screwing with teenager's minds,regards

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

Old 03-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #20

Liked 267 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Pretty much sums it up. My girls are almost 3 years old so I have a long time to practice my shot and let my arsenal grow. But im 99% the first boyfriend that comes over will see me cleaning my Mossberg and my 1911.