hypocrite here :) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > hypocrite here :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I wonder if the SpeedFeed III set for the 500/590 fits the 930 but probably not. Worth asking to me...

speedfeed-iii.jpg  
Old 03-10-2013, 03:08 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

It's muzzle BRAKE, not break. Anyway, it does help reduce recoil with slugs and I guess it would prevent a barrel burst during door breaches and similar. I have one of the Mossberg barrels for an 870 with this type of muzzle break and it IS heavy (probably contributes to less felt recoil on it's own) and seems pretty "big" for lack of a better word but it does look cool in pictures!

In order to become the Master, a politician must act as a servant.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #13

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

no but I probably should

Old 03-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #14

Liked 217 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesterkiller View Post
it is big it is ugly and im sure that the semi auto part helps alot but 12 gauge slugs out of it recoil less than birdshot out of a pump 20 gauge.... the break helps I feel... the second follow up shot busting clays with it was also alot quicker than my buddy was getting with his pump gun
I suppose it would make some sense with slugs, do you think that big ugly muzzle BREAK is more effective than the smaller "door breaching" style ones? If not then I would definitely prefer the smaller ones to that large one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetman View Post
It's muzzle BRAKE, not break. Anyway, it does help reduce recoil with slugs and I guess it would prevent a barrel burst during door breaches and similar. I have one of the Mossberg barrels for an 870 with this type of muzzle break and it IS heavy (probably contributes to less felt recoil on it's own) and seems pretty "big" for lack of a better word but it does look cool in pictures!
I know how to spell it, I had a momentary brain fart, thank god for the grammar nazis, I doubt the op would have known what I was talking about without your correction

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 03-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #15

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

i haven't had the opportunity to demo the breacher barrels but i am kicking around the idea of picking a new brake or new barrel all together